Record vs. men's teams

themodelcitizen

I'm sorry for filling you with facts Rudy :). What books about evolution have you read?

You've yet to state one verifiable fact in this thread. Hell, you can't even spell my name right, despite it being right there for you.

As for evolutionary books, even the following one would feature more factual accuracies and nuanced reasoning than anything you've spewed in here.

0470117737.jpg

I suggest you pick it up some time.

Guest xchromosomex

Hey Rudey (jk lol) just wanted to let you know I bought that book you suggested and I'm almost done. I'll post here when I finish it!!

XchromosoneX, you go girl. I hear where you're coming from completely. Women are as good as men are at sports and just as strong physically. As long as you want that to be true badly enough, then it is!

As a man I'm absolutely certain I can give birth to a child. Why not? Men and women are equal right? Men and women are THE SAME! And I WANT to give birth to a child, so obviously it's possible, because I want it to be.

I often find myself getting into long arguments about this with women, and (if you can believe it) other men! I point out that there's even a movie about this very thing called Junior starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in which a man gives birth to Danny Devito. There are probably lots of kids walking around that were birthed by men and you people don't even know it! I bet some of them are girls playing on men's soccer teams and you all think they're men...but they are GIRLS and they're just as good as men at sports! Thanks for staying true to yourself and to reality XchromosoneX. Don't let men push you around!

Of some pertinence to this thread, note that our Gold Medal winning Women's hockey team played 30 games against Alberta AAA Midget teams across the province, some of the games results counted in the league standings for the boys' teams.

Note that Triple A Midget is for 16 & 17 yr old boys and not exactly the highest tier in the province.

Guest xchromosomex
XchromosoneX, you go girl. I hear where you're coming from completely. Women are as good as men are at sports and just as strong physically. As long as you want that to be true badly enough, then it is!

As a man I'm absolutely certain I can give birth to a child. Why not? Men and women are equal right? Men and women are THE SAME! And I WANT to give birth to a child, so obviously it's possible, because I want it to be.

I often find myself getting into long arguments about this with women, and (if you can believe it) other men! I point out that there's even a movie about this very thing called Junior starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in which a man gives birth to Danny Devito. There are probably lots of kids walking around that were birthed by men and you people don't even know it! I bet some of them are girls playing on men's soccer teams and you all think they're men...but they are GIRLS and they're just as good as men at sports! Thanks for staying true to yourself and to reality XchromosoneX. Don't let men push you around!

Don't troll, please. We're trying to have an adult discussion about this.

I think I brought my daughter to the game Rhian mentioned. I have to admit, I went to the game expecting the ladies to win, and I was initially somewhat taken back that they didn't. However, on reflection, for many of the reasons brought up here - the results make sense. There are simply biological differences between the 2 genders that are often too much for training and skill to overcome. The fact that our WNT can loose to boys is nothing to be ashamed of, and its not any reason to think less of thier skill. I suspect the US or Germain teams would be challenged as well. There are many things that the typical girl can beat the typical boy at. One gender is not better than the other. They are just different.

Well I think there's probably lots of times women beat men but men are too embarrassed about it to post about it here. But you seem like an awesome dad so I don't want to argue with you! And I think you should keep bringing your daughter to all sorts of soccer games no matter what you think the outcome is going to be. Basically just keep being an awesome dad!!

Rude-y,

I read the book you suggested. I found it very simplistic and introductory. I can undersatnd now why you were confused earlier when we were talking about evolution. Have you read Natürliche Schöpfungsgeschichte by Ernst Hackl? It's unfortunately not available in english so maybe you can find a german friend to translate for you? Anyway I think it should explain some some things you're confused about

Don't troll, please. We're trying to have an adult discussion about this.

Then why are you here?

You're nothing but a troll. Trying to make fun of my name, talking about 'icky' teenage boys, calling others here old even though you yourself claim to be a mother (good Lord do I fear for your child)... obviously you're just here for a wind-up and quite honestly you're not worth the time.

Forget about publications on evolutionary science, a few wikipedia articles can disprove all of your bogus claims. Until you can link to which women's running records are faster than men's (which you claim is "scientifically-proven"), everything you've said thereafter - and much of what you said before - is nothing but tripe and fabrication. Provide solid proof of any of your claims, or GTFO.

The times for the cross-country skiing medal events were usually late morning or early afternoon. The women's events were almost always held earlier in the day, except for the Mass Start Classic. On average, the women's events started 15 minutes earlier in the day than the men's.

Since the men's events were over a greater distance, comparing finish times would be silly.

In the interest of contributing some facts to this debate (not that it will matter), here is a very good article which looks at the gap between women and men in athletics. It includes tables showing how the women's records compare against the records for men/boys which shows that in most cases the women's record falls between the record for 14 and 15 year old boys. http://article.nationalreview.com/367246/olympian-political-correctness/todd-gallagher?page=1

http://22066.vws.magma.ca/06llyn27.htm

http://22066.vws.magma.ca/06llyn30.htm

Here was a game between Toronto Lady Lynx from 2006, a year they finished with a record of 7 wins, 4 ties and only 1 loss in the regular season vs the Toronto Lynx boys team made up of U15 and U16s.

I was surprised that the boys won 5-0.

The game was arranged on short notice before a school day crowd when the Oakville Storm no-showed on one day notice.

Archived