Focussing on the future

Lomonty

Ya we were screwed again our boys deserved a much more fair fate then this. We still had 50 minutes and tons of opportunities to grab a equalizer and failed. This group is together for another run we now know our strengths and weaknesses under Hart Let's hope these guys take the advances they made and remember revenge is best served cold. This country is turning the corner in the global game keep Hart, keep developing players and a Canadian style so Concacaf can never fahq us again by gifting a goal in a Quarter final

Despite the Gold Cup controversy, I also think we have a very bright future ahead

of us. Jakovic, Johnson, Jackson, Peters, have all offered flashes of brilliance

and have been learning from JDG, Atiba, and Big Kev.

I an also excited for Begovic, Atakora, and a few others in the pipeline. We have to

take the good from this bad experience and learn from it. CSA should prepare quite

a few friendlies or perhaps get us into a tournament or something, ASAP.

Another thing Whenever FIFA has there International dates Canada should at least participate in at least 1 match every time. The more freindlies we play the better. Why not play at least 10 to 20 games a year. Have games against the Belaruses, the Belgians, the Irelands of this World.;)

I have a feeling we'll get nowhere even if we kick up a stink. CONCACAF doesn't like us and never will. FIFA also doesn't seem to pay much attention to what goes on in CONCACAF. As I stated in another thread, the only way Canada is ever going to get anywhere is by getting out of CONCACAF, which I believe is highly unlikely. Australia is suddenly Asian, why can't we be European? Sure, the competition for places would be much tougher, but I would rather lose to superior competition than a bunch of cheaters. Also, playing regularly against better competition would help us improve.

I know this is a dream, but CONCACAF is a nightmare.

Can't believe you Voyageurs are still saying CONCACAF this, CONCACAF that. Do you think the Yanks are nitpicking about qualifying outta CONCACAF or when the ball doesn't bounce there way they whine. You either get more money, which won't happen, or change the CSA, probably more unlikely to happen, or suck it up and just get better. Granted...all the National team problems will always be there, I'll bookmark this thread and see what happens in the next Gold Cup and if we get screwed, I'll link this thread and say "here we go again, with the same whine" like it was 2, 4 and 6 year's ago. The record never changes.

Archived