Santos Laguna fire coach

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Read: "was banging the owner's wife".

This is no surprise though as the team was very unhappy with their performance in the league so far despite the dramatic comeback against us. Given the players that they have they have performed well under what should be expected this season.

wow this is a surprise. although, (this is unfounded), but watching him on the sidelines at the game in Montreal he didn't look like a coach who had a good grip on his team. Indeed on the return leg game in Mexico, it was Quintero(?) who sort of played his own game. The coach didn't seem very involved with the play. The only thing he did was call to sub the guy on. Which is good I guess. But he remained somewhat non-existant. He didn't provide much of a presence on the sidelines as other big winning coaches do... i don't know.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

This is no surprise though as the team was very unhappy with their performance in the league so far despite the dramatic comeback against us. Given the players that they have they have performed well under what should be expected this season.

Wait... so what your saying is there was no banging of the wife?

jk

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Wait... so what your saying is there was no banging of the wife?

jk

Probably not. I am pretty sure that he would have been fired immediately if they had lost to the Impact. He was under a lot of pressure to win that game when we were there. Remember also the guy from Torreon who posted here said that he would be fired and that if they lost to the Impact and he got fired the loss would be worth it. It seems like he was the type of coach who did a good job for a short time but wasn't a long-term solution. With the players Santos has they should be a top team right now in Mexico not mid-table.

Archived