why doesn't Vancouver,montreal and Ottawa

Do you really think that Toronto FC would fill BMO Field week after week and have a waiting list for season tickets if they played in a five or six team domestic Canadian league or that the Whitecaps could look forward to filling a 30,000 seat Waterfront stadium for games against Winnipeg or Red Deer United? Get real guys, it is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Richard

Do you really think that Toronto FC would fill BMO Field week after week and have a waiting list for season tickets if they played in a five or six team domestic Canadian league or that the Whitecaps could look forward to filling a 30,000 seat Waterfront stadium for games against Winnipeg or Red Deer United? Get real guys, it is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

OI! I oughta knock your teeth out for knocking mighty, mighty Red Deer United! UP THE STAGS! [:P]

quote:Originally posted by GrandstanderI was all over this idea 4 months ago. You have to start somewhere.

I (like many others before and since) was all over this 10 years ago. We tried and failed. MLS is here and any talk of a Canadian Div 1 national league is a waste of time.

This is why I find it soooo disheartening to come back here time after time and read the same stuff over and over again. It just makes me sick when I have to read this stuff from well-intentioned fans.

If you really want to help, make what we have better and stop wasting time on pie-in-the-sky fantasy leagues.

Man I'd love to see a CSL one day. Countries in europe and latin america pretty much all have their own pro leagues - we should do the same instead of waiting for the americains.

It could be something like :

EAST

Montreal

Quebec City

Toronto

Ottawa

WEST

Winnipeg

Calgary

Edmonton

Vancouver

Yeah I know I'm dreaming.