Occean (translation needed)

Bxl Boy

The paragraph in question is self-contradictory... the first part states that Bjørn Helge Riise, Olivier Occéan and Khaled Mouelhi are all potentialy for sale, while the second phrase goes on to say they are essentially untouchable.

Reading the rest of the article, it seems that Lillestrøm are looking to sell but do not need to sell a lot of players. Simen Brenne, the focus of the article, and the three players mentioned, are considered to be the most marketable, but seems new coach Henning Berg wants to keep them.

In essence, it means someone would have to offer a lot of cash to pry Occean away from Åråsen stadium.

Hard to say. Norwegian league players are not in very high standing in Europe right now (with a couple of exceptions), and LSK had a horrible season. Also, Occéan is exactly the kind of player adored by LSK management and fans: strong, smart, and more than a little mean. That and the fact that he knows where the net is means I think it would take 12-15 million NOK (approx. 2.2-2.6 million CAD) to get him away from LSK. Despite his somewhat limited skill he's a proven goal scorer and very difficult to replace.

I can't see any teams other than mid-level Dutch and Belgian expressing an interest, and I doubt they will want to pay what LSK will want.

Things might change if Olivier were to express a strong desire to move on, but I get the sense he's pretty loyal - a good team player - and won't demand a transfer.

2,5 million euro's is a lot of money. I can only see the top 8 teams in Holland and top 4 teams in Belgium spending that sort of money.

Maybe a move to a lower Championship team might work out for him. I think Nottingham Forest would be great for him (partnerring the great Earnshaw)

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

2,5 million euro's is a lot of money. I can only see the top 8 teams in Holland and top 4 teams in Belgium spending that sort of money.

Maybe a move to a lower Championship team might work out for him. I think Nottingham Forest would be great for him (partnerring the great Earnshaw)

Actually, he said $2.2-2.6M CDN. That's about 1.5/1.6M Euros i think...

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Actually, he said $2.2-2.6M CDN. That's about 1.5/1.6M Euros i think...

Sorry , missed that.

But still quite a lot of money. I cant remember any clubs outside top 8 Holland and top 4 Belgium spending that kind of money on one player.

Archived