Montreal-Atlante [R]

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Trident

It may have been disrespectful but the trash Sandro Grande said just parroted the opinions of a lot of footie fans in Canada.

Get it?

;)

No actually.

One was a reasonable estimation of outcome (the footie fans). Which was wrong.

The other the ego of player with a chip on his shoulder which I understand and who, among many others were not given opportunities they deserved. It should be noted that many TFC fans feel the same way.

I am only writing this stuff from the general perspective that our PR has to improve. Our message has to improve. Not SG in particular.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

You are totally missing the point.

I want him to say something that gets people into the seats in Montreal. Because I want the team to succeed.

All these little opportunities ad up. They matter.

What is he going to say that would actually get people into the seats? Maybe if he says the halftime show will consist of the Rolling Stones playing a concert while Angelie Jolie does a striptease ticket sales would increase dramatically but anything else that Grande says is going to have a minimal effect on ticket sales. Running down a rival is still one of the best ways to market sports so I don't think there is any problem with what he is saying even from a marketing standpoint.

He is also correct in what he is saying. The Impact are both Canada's best team and the Canadian team playing in the best league - Champions League. The Impact should be the ones getting the most press coverage (which is what would sell tickets) not TFC. Yet the media is still gaga about the worst team in a league that has done nothing this year to back up its claims that it is North America's first division.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

But the thing is that even here in Mtl the journalist are all TFC this and that and MLS this and that,it seems they like to portray the Impact as the little team in this tournament cause it makes a good story but you know what, it's not true. Grande was'nt just talking to the rest of Canada, he was mostly talking to the people right here in Montreal and Québec.

That brings a smile to my face. :D

Archived