Montreal-Atlante [R]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

To quote Sandro Grande in the post-game conference:

"I hope this game opened people of montreal's eyes', in fact not just Montreal but all of Canada. Everyone thinks Toronto Fc,Toronto FC, Toronto Fc but forget Toronto, think about Montreal" :)

LETS GO IMPACT!!!!

In a couple of weeks it looks like the people of Canada will have only the Montreal Impact to think about. After TFC miss the playoffs and Van/Mtl play in the USL finals there will only be the Impact in the CCL. The way they are playing the Impact could go far in this series.

From the looks of the highlights Montreal really took it to them and could have taken 3 points but for a hot goalie. I hope someone posts the whole game tomorrow or Friday.

Very proud of Montreal, and give props to the coach and the players, in particular Grande, though others looked good, too. yeah, maybe Grande could play the role Nash played at Gold Cup (for the national side), but I suspect he's still a gear behind what we really need in terms of pace. he's a quality player, though.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Grande should be considered for nats duty again at this point. Imagine him in the role Martin Nash had in the 2007 Gold Cup, only able to actually defend as well.....

Well, I thought the defensive workrate of the entire team was impressive this evening, with the midfield providing a good shield for the back four. The Impact maintained their shape and were well organized. As for a recall to MNT duty for Grande, I hope it is a distinct possibility because he provides a good variety of distribution service from that deep-lying holding mid position (allowing us to give Hutchinson more license to attack). Really liked his free kick service tonight, too.

Just finished watching the late night replay of the game. Wow, a Canadian team who doesn't give any respect to the Mexicans. Fantastic game. Very exciting for a nil nil game. Thought the Antiguan Byers was brilliant. Grande played well distibuting the ball wonderfully.

Best hair goes to the Argentinian keeper for Atlante. Limniatis for MNT coach!!!!

Grande should be considered for nats duty again at this point. Imagine him in the role Martin Nash had in the 2007 Gold Cup, only able to actually defend as well.....

I wonder about Brilliant too. He has loads of pace and some nice moves, can cross the ball and actually gets back and tackles well. He's a bit like a stronger, tougher Peters with defensive abilities...

Lets face it though what Canada really need from the Impact right now though is Limniatis :D

Grande should be considered for nats duty again at this point.

I would go a step further; he should be in the starting eleven. I cant see at this point how you have Bernier starting ahead of Grande. Granted, with DeRo out, you may see both starting. But with Grande in there, I believe that De Guz would see his work load reduced and be freed up more to support the play in the final third.

Never been a big fan of Grande but he is turning me around. Great team effort last night, could have used a goal from all their chances but a solid showing.

Limniatis has the chops!!

Congratulations Impact. We actually had a group of Southsiders get together and watch the game last night. Mind you we were celebrating our Cascadia Cup victory as well. The UM did a great job and I wore my Ultras scarf around Vancouver last night in honour of your performance. Best of luck the rest of the way.

I have been a fan of Grande ever since his highlight goal against Spain at Santander.

To see him do well in CCL and be dominant in midfield was fantastic. If the turf

at Saputo was a bit better, maybe many of the midfield possession play would have worked.

Lucky for Montreal, the refereeing was better than your prototypical CONCACAF controversy

or else Brown would have has 2 yellows easily last night. But it was nice to see the Impact

play well against a formidable team and actually had the best chances themselves.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I would go a step further; he should be in the starting eleven. I cant see at this point how you have Bernier starting ahead of Grande. Granted, with DeRo out, you may see both starting. But with Grande in there, I believe that De Guz would see his work load reduced and be freed up more to support the play in the final third.

Who knows, if Imhof remains hurt we may see this happen. But he should definitely get the call IMO. I presume Mitchell will at least be watching next week for the game against Olimpia (which features a bunch of Honduran nats) if he hasn't been already.

Granted Atlante apparently rested a bunch of their starters so we shouldn't get too carried away about a 0-0 draw but Grande's composure on the ball & distribution were excellent, regardless of the competition.

quote:Originally posted by masster

Congratulations Impact. We actually had a group of Southsiders get together and watch the game last night. Mind you we were celebrating our Cascadia Cup victory as well. The UM did a great job and I wore my Ultras scarf around Vancouver last night in honour of your performance. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Cheers masster! ;)

Archived