Captain de Guzman

Jimmy

In Sunday's Deportivo 0-0 draw with Mallorca, Julian was Depor's captain, so a big congrats due out to him. I am sure there will be other occasions that he gets the honor. Surely just a matter of time before he is Canada's captain too. Huge achievement for a great player.

quote:Originally posted by Jimmy

In Sunday's Deportivo 0-0 draw with Mallorca, Julian was Depor's captain, so a big congrats due out to him. I am sure there will be other occasions that he gets the honor. Surely just a matter of time before he is Canada's captain too. Huge achievement for a great player.

Huge honour for Julian. I wish we had a coach for our men's team who had a f*ing clue how to deal with people.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Huge honour for Julian. I wish we had a coach for our men's team who had a f*ing clue how to deal with people.

JDG is playing at the highest level (yes, the EPL/La Liga comparisons could go on forever...) but he's at the top of his game, that alone proves he should be the captain!

Time for a Julian for Captain banner? lol

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

JDG is playing at the highest level (yes, the EPL/La Liga comparisons could go on forever...) but he's at the top of his game, that alone proves he should be the captain!

The captain is the guy who provides guts, inspiration and leadership. In the last game that wasn't him.

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

The captain is the guy who provides guts, inspiration and leadership. In the last game that wasn't him.

I didn't see much of that from anyone last game, and certainly not from Stalteri. Looking back at the last year or so though, I'd say JDG has shown plenty of inspiration and leadership.

Archived