Mtrl vs TFC - Players Feedback

And now for something completely different!

Has anyone heard any feedback from the players on how the competition was? How the turf was (it looked immaculate)? I personally think it was not just TFC's coach who gained a lot of respect for Montreal in that game but I haven't heard any more since the original post game write ups.

PS. I definitely think the ref messed up on the non-call on the shove in the PK area. Should have been one from the spot for Montreal.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

And now for something completely different!

Has anyone heard any feedback from the players on how the competition was? How the turf was (it looked immaculate)? I personally think it was not just TFC's coach who gained a lot of respect for Montreal in that game but I haven't heard any more since the original post game write ups.

PS. I definitely think the ref messed up on the non-call on the shove in the PK area. Should have been one from the spot for Montreal.

Some tofc fans didnt gain respect for the impact, ive seen some people say the impact were dominated...

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Some tofc fans didnt gain respect for the impact, ive seen some people say the impact were dominated...

The Impact were not "impressive" but they are no pushovers either. They are a solid team that seems to have a difficult time finishing at the moment. I liked #9 (Placentino).

As Carver said (and I mentioned to my buddy over beers pre-game), the difference between MLS and USL is not that big. If a team from the CCC can make it to the FA Cup Final, there is no reason the Impact could not win a game from TFC.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

I still maintain that the difference lies in 2-4 players on each team. Specifically offensive players. Best example, look at Saturday's game versus LA. With all the players on international duty, suspensions and injuries, I saw a game that very much reminded me of what i used to see in the USL. I suppose you could say that the same applies when comparing level of play in any team sport at the pro level.

Its only a select few that actually make a difference in the entertain value. Incidentally, Saturdays game was one of the most boring that I have seen since TFC came to town.

Archived