Ben Knight's column - Sept 14

VPjr

That Atiba chant isn't actually all that new - it debuted over three years ago, IIRC. We may have even done it in 2003 when he played (briefly) for the Lynx. I hadn't realized that it had been done at the match (it was one I suggested we re-use so glad to hear that it was done) - that & the anti-CSA chant didn't make it's way over to where I was sitting, though plenty of the TFC staples did.

A nice piece, although if we are perfectly honest with ourselves, there have been plenty of fingers pointed by plenty of fans at individuals in the CSA like Ursini. And the "pointing" finger wasn't always the one used either.....

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

That Atiba chant isn't actually all that new - it debuted over three years ago, IIRC. We may have even done it in 2003 when he played (briefly) for the Lynx.

I think that it started in Kingston at the WCQ. I think that Atiba only ever played one game at Centennial. Plus perhaps a couple of away games.

brilliant Ben! Incendiary! Rousing! Clearly, you are a Voyageur to the core, and we are proud to have you.

And yes, we get the message: We need to think of our next steps. Have we sent the Crawford report en masse to the CSA, the the sponsors, the funding bodies, to grassroots organizations? That seems a good place to start.

Do we consider a massive on-line and on-the-street petition? Just say the CSA does absolutely nothing to reform by the end of the year--or sooner; should we then unleash the petition? (Might be tough to do an effective petition when the bulk of Canadians are NOT playing soccer until April, mind you.)

Archived