Jim Brennan

bingham

Earlier this season I was critical of Mo's decision not to play Jim Brennan as a left midfielder (I still think that is Jim's best position) but I can't say enough about how well Jim has played as a central defender. Kudos to Mo for a good coaching decision and same to Jim who has performed brilliantly in an unacustomed position.

i've been surprised too...i wouldn't have imagined anybody putting Brennan at the back even in his peak form of a few years ago. Would have thought the long lay-off before TFC would have had some affect too, but look at him play. He's an MVP out there or damn close to it, and he looks to be playing with a lot of smarts and confidence, proof that he has aged well.

It's early in the season but I'd say he's a good CB but not great yet, sometimes he seems a bit suspect but I expect him to improve as he's still getting used to the position, a few mistakes doesn't at all mean he doesn't have the necessary skill set for the job.

I would like to see Brennan be inserted at LMF as soon as an adequate replacement can be found for him at CB. Reda is totally incapable of playing the CB role it seems and I doubt he will be on the squad next year. Mo needs to find someone to allow Jim to move to his best position so that Welsh can be given a 1st class ticket back to England.

Guest Jeffery S.

Considering so many MLS fans said Mo was a tactical disaster, it is very encouraging that the team has turned around after the few poor results at the start. Especially with regards to defence, meaning the team is way tighter, better organized, better conditioned. So I would give him a lot of credit too.

Without being in the stadium I can't comment on Brennan as CB, but I must say I am totally surprised by that, in fact I find it hard to believe.

Re: the captaincy, Brennan and Robinson have been alternating.

Just a note about Jimmy B. I was there early for warm-ups and this kid walked down the aisle beside my seats in a Norwich City jersey with a name and number on it that I didn't recognize. He walked down to the front and Brennan, who was warming up on the same side of the field, saw him and they exchanged waves. The kid (maybe 15 or so) called for Jimmy to come over and he did, crossing the signage and coming right to the edge of the stands to sign an autograph for the kid, during warm-ups.

I heard the kid's parents talking to someone after and it turns out that the jersey was the kid's own, he'd been to the Norwich City academy and had met JB there (or something like that). Anyway, just seemed like a class move from Jimmy.

Archived