Scheduling Conflicts with Toronto FC

CanadasBest

I don't see this topic being brought up yet. But with so many potential Canadian players joining Toronto FC, what do you think the ramifications are on scheduling conflicts between it and the National Team?

I seem to re-call deRosario having conflicts between World Cup as well as Gold Cup qualifing during his time in the MLS. How will Toronto FC cope when there is a major call up of Canadian talent during the MLS regular season? Or more important to this discussion, how will the Canadian National Team cope when players are not released for Friendly, Training Sessions, or Tournament games because of scheduling conflicts.

Don't know about the "so many potential Canadian player" part but yeah, there will be a core of players out of Toronto (mostly national B teamers) in the near future. Maybe more than just a dash of our starting 16 players in a perfect world, but I doubt it in the near future.

MLS has to release players for international dates just like every other FIFA member if the concearned federations demand it. Crappy club situation though, especially for a team like TFC which might loose a few players because of schedule conflicts if the CSA insists. But I'd say it's up to MLS to adjust their schedule and join the rest of the western world in recognising FIFA international dates when they draw up their schedule.

P.S. And I think the CSA should insist on the release of the players they want. They brought a **** pile of tax dollars to the table, dollars which make MLS work in Toronto so they've got that right. And if they insist on this from TFC, they've got to insist on it from the other MLS clubs.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

That's cause the IMPACT RULE!!!! TFC would surely lose every game if something similar happened. :D

I'd sure like to see TFC follow a similar model set forth by the Impact. For a club to produce that many quality players is impressive. One would expect that with more resources, TFC can do even better.

Archived