Lars Hirschfeld and RBK???

Luis_Rancagua

I think Collin Miller was the coach at the time of the Finland game. But I agree, I also prefer vocal keepers as long as their communication skills help the team rather than cheerleading.

I'm curious to see if Lars will get a call for our next game (which hasn't been announced yet) if he continues to start at RBK and what will be his answer.

It is good to here some people respect his abilites even though Yallop and the Canadian team decided 18 months ago he was a useless piece of garbage. He is the best Canadian goalkeeper even while the fix which has been in against him for 18 months to demote him to a distant #3 goalkeeper behind two weaker goalkeepers remains in place.

I am a bit worried though since this news brings the odds of Lars starting a game for Canada to 1 out of 1000 instead of 1 out of 1000000 as it was before and I made a bet with somebody on here for $200 that he would not start a single game for Canada, and not be atleast a backup for 2 games for Canada until the end of 2008.

Previously the odds were probably:

To get called up to a tie for Canada: 1 out of 100

To accept an invitation: 1 out of 10

To be the starter and not backup if he did go: 1 out of 1000

That would be odds of 1 out of 1000000 per game

Now it is probably more like:

To get called up to a tie for Canada: 1 out of 10

To accept the invitation: 1 out of 10

To be the starter and not backup if he did go: 1 out of 10

That would be odds of 1 out of 1000 per game

1 out of 1000000 per tie would probably translate to something like 1 out of 50000 overall, considering the number of ties until the end of 2008, and the 1 out of 2 odds of him being called a second time as atleast backup if he did start a tie before the end of 2008.

Now though the 1 out of 1000 probably translates to something like 1 out of 50 overall, those same factors considered, and I now have a 2% chance of losing the $200 bet. That is a bit high for comfort.

I am a bit worried though since this news brings the odds of Lars starting a game for Canada to 1 out of 1000 instead of 1 out of 1000000 as it was before and I made a bet with somebody on here for $200 that he would not start a single game for Canada, and not be atleast a backup for 2 games for Canada until the end of 2008.

Previously the odds were probably:

To get called up to a tie for Canada: 1 out of 100

To accept an invitation: 1 out of 10

To be the starter and not backup if he did go: 1 out of 1000

That would be odds of 1 out of 1000000 per game

Now it is probably more like:

To get called up to a tie for Canada: 1 out of 10

To accept the invitation: 1 out of 10

To be the starter and not backup if he did go: 1 out of 10

That would be odds of 1 out of 1000 per game

1 out of 1000000 per tie would probably translate to something like 1 out of 50000 overall, considering the number of ties until the end of 2008, and the 1 out of 2 odds of him being called a second time as atleast backup if he did start a tie before the end of 2008.

Now though the 1 out of 1000 probably translates to something like 1 out of 50 overall, those same factors considered, and I now have a 2% chance of losing the $200 bet. That is a bit high for comfort.

K, I'm not gonna do a whole odds thing here but I think you've blown this thing way out of proportion. I don't think Yallop has anything personal against Lars and vice-versa. If Lars performs well at Rosenborg, which I am confident he will, then he will have no trouble getting more games under Yallop.

The end of 2008 is plenty of time.

quote:Originally posted by canadiankick97

K, I'm not gonna do a whole odds thing here but I think you've blown this thing way out of proportion. I don't think Yallop has anything personal against Lars and vice-versa. If Lars performs well at Rosenborg, which I am confident he will, then he will have no trouble getting more games under Yallop.

The end of 2008 is plenty of time.

Of course he has something personal against Lars. Lars was always going to be the #1 after Onstad retired before Yallop took over, but was dropped quickly to #3 behind Kenny and Greg once he took over. The plot was always in place to do that in the middle of 2003, I always knew it, and it why in previous bets I have already made $1400, if I lose this bet to you it will be the first time I lose one on it in fact. Of course Greg and Kenny did not have to prove they were better than Lars, Lars was not even given the chance to battle for the starting job which should have been his to lose to begin with. As I said he knew Lars would match or better anything the other two did so he could not afford to have an open competition between them, his only option to get what he wanted was to shun Lars from the scene altogether which he has done in last year and a half. If you win the bet it will only be because there were multiple injuries and Frank had no choice but to use somebody other than his two "pets". Alot of the positions on the Canadian soccer team are determined by conspiracies by this corrupt coach anyway, not just goalkeeper. I miss the old coach alot.

Anyway thanks for your answer and I have the money already saved in case you win. It will probably be atleast another 2 years before it happens if it does though. [8D]

Archived