Lars Hirschfeld and RBK???

Luis_Rancagua

Guys, I'm not too sure, but it is probable to assume here that Lars has now join RBK. May I please have a translator to this following article:

Hirschfeld klar for RBK

Tromsøs 27 år gamle keeper, godtok en treårsavtale med Rosenborg i dag.

Av JARLE FREDAGSVIK

BLIR TRØNDER: Lars Hirschfeld ble i dag enig med Rosenborg om en treårig avtale. Foto: Scanpix

VG Nett følger:

Rosenborg

Tromsø

Scoringsvarsel på din mobil!

Trykk her for flere varslinger Klikk her - scoringsvarsel for 448 lag!

Dermed blir Lars Hirschfeld en direkte utfordrer til landslagskeeper Espen Johnsen mellom RBK-stengene.

Overgangen kommer ikke som noen stor bombe, ettersom tysk-kanadieren i går gjorde det klart at han ikke ville skrive under en permanent avtale med Tromsø.

- Alt er i orden. Lars var her i helgen og tok med seg et kontraktsforslag hjem. Det har han i dag godtatt, sier RBK-direktør Rune Bratseth til VG Nett.

Dabbet av

Tidligere i år var både Lyn og Lillestrøm på banen, men etter hvert som keeper begynte å nærme seg Per-Mathias Høgmo og trønderne, dabbet interessen av.

- Vi ba om å bli holdt oppdatert på situasjonen hans, men har aldri nevnt ham som et av våre keepertargets. Hva RBK gjør, bryr jeg meg lite om, sier LSK-manager Jan Åge Fjørtoft til VG Nett.

Heller ikke Lyn har vært med helt inn i kampen om TIL-keeperen, mens Tromsø i det lengste håper å overtale ham om å bli værende.

Rønningen ferdig

Dermed må Ivar Rønningen ut for å finne seg en ny klubb. Ifølge Bratseth har flere klubber allerede forhørt seg om klubbens tredjekeeper.

- Vi har vært i kontakt med eliteserieklubber, men vi håper å få noen kroner for ham da, sier klubbdirektøren.

(VG NETT 15.11.05 kl. 12:19)

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=296778

Guest Stian Stryni

It's a sad day of course because we lost a very good goalie, and we did so getting no money for him. When we picked him up, no one in Norway had heard about him (ok had heard his name from the time on Tottenhams B-team), now his name is on everybodys lips. Our coach went as for as saying he was mad because RBK picked up players we developed without paying the price. This is a bit ridiculus as Lars was here about 4 months.

Rosenborg has been through a difficult period with coach sacking and assistants taking over. After Per Mathias Hogmo took over they just about avoided relegation (the former Tromso coach). They also have had to change out many of their old players, without doing well on the transfer market. Most of the new players have flopped.

Lars has a German passport, so he can play.

Tromso was very very good to Lars, and he did mention how hard it was to leave the club. Lars needed a chance to prove himself, and he got it at Tromso, and he made the most of it.

Tromso have also been very good to the other Canadians. Thanks Tromso!

EDIT: And now Tromso have signed Stamatopolous?? Hilarious! The love affair continues. Good stuff. :)

More on Hirschfeld's transfer: http://www.rosenborg.info/article/4022

Lars leaves Tromsø on a free agent after the two UEFA Cup matches against Red Star and Basel, and joins Rosenborg 3 January in time for the pre-season.

I think this is great. In my eyes, Rosenborg's first choice keeper in the moment, Espen Johnsen, is kind of "overpraised". He is not that stable and makes blunders too often. Lars however seems to be rock solid.

...but why has he played for so many clubs? Is it only Tromsø and Rosenborg who have discovered his skills and potential?

The word has it that RBK's coach did not bring Lars in to sit on the bench, he could not gurantee the #1 job but he hinted strongly at it being Lars'. RBK's recent troubles have been caused by recent coaching instability. Overall there is a very good chance Lars will not be sitting on the bench.

Lars has played for a lot of different club because he has always been passed over for an older and more experienced goaltender. He has also had some bad luck with management changes and such. Tromso was the first club where he really felt comfortable with the situation and the management

Guest Stian Stryni

Espen Johnsen lost his first spot place at the national team due to instability. I think Espen and Lars are pretty much alike, though Lars seems to be more stable in his performance. He has done some blunders at Tromso, but I don't think any of them has resulted in goals. I think he has gotten him self loads of self confidence lately, so let's hope I wont ride the bench at Rosenborg. (Well, there are mixed feelings about this, as some TIL supporters think Lars let us down by going to a competing club in Norway. I say: Thank you Lars for a great time, though short, I think he won our hearts and I will always remember him as TILs greatest goallie through all time. Thanks for everything man!)

Rosenborg's director of sports Rune Bratseth is very happy with Hirschfeld's transfer and thinks that he is going to be a worthy challenger to current main goalie Espen Johnsen.

"We needed two good goalkeepers. We needed someone to make sure there is always great competition for the role of goalie, to make sure they are always doing their utmost. Espen has also been struggling with various injuries, and that was another reason to get another good goalie."

"Having two such good goalies will also involve some difficulties, but that's just the way it is. If a club is going to stay at the top and try to get even further, it has to risk something," Bratseth explains.

Read more: http://www.rosenborg.info/article/4033

• 4 months later...

Lars Hirschfeld will be the first choice at Rosenborg in the upcoming season.

"Lars is a type of goalkeeper that knows what areas he needs to practice in, and he has a clear option on his own skills. It seems that he likes to take responsibility, and that is challenging and educating for the rest of us," keeper coach Jørn Jamtfall says.

Read more: http://www.rosenborg.info/article/4333

Well, well. Seems like Lars has found his feet, not to mention his confidense, again. Good for him.

Bit surprised about the chatty part. Don't recall Lars being one of those marshalling type keepers. Been a while though...

What a difference a year can make.

Well, well. Seems like Lars has found his feet, not to mention his confidense, again. Good for him.

Bit surprised about the chatty part. Don't recall Lars being one of those marshalling type keepers. Been a while though...

What a difference a year can make.

One of the reasons that I have favored Lars as the starting keeper for Canada ( and a critism of FY) comes from the Finland game when Onstad played the first half and Lars played the second half. It was my impression at the time that he communicated and worked with the defenders much better than Onstad - he was much more vocal. I remember thinking that this was a result of his work in England as I had not remarked on this before then. It would appear that he has continued in this manner and it has become a trait of his game, good for him. I have always favoured vocal keepers over the silent type, they are both more involved in the game and they can assist defenders by giving instruction.

Archived