Is Keano right?

Excumbrian

Dunno if they were leaked but they are all over the media

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=347874&cc=5739

and every other major rag basically has the above story on a word for word basis.

Rio realy does seem to have lost his way and has looked poor for united (which I guess you might excuse by suspension and injury).

Still it is nice to see MUFC suffer a little. They've been too good for too long for my liking.

As an aside, I sort of thought that Alan Smith might the one to take up Keane's role, but he seems to have been subject to criticism by Keane as well.

ya united are struggling. just finished watching the first half v. lille in paris and it's horrid. no invention. very slow play. confidence is absolutely gone from my favourite club. yes the injury list is large, but these losses wouldn't have been felt so greatly from other great clubs such as chelsea, juventus, real madrid, or barcelona - surely where united belong. the team's depth is far too shallow and far too mechanical.

i do believe they should be playing a 3-5-2/3-4-3 and really need to look at excusing the old boys - namely ferguson who even in the championship year two years ago had lost the plot to a large extent. selling veron was the beginning of the end.

it'll take some savvy investments to bring the club back - they need to get much more athletic, and fast.

I was tiring of Mr. Keane even before he had his little Japan/Korea breakdown. Everything since then is just a bonus. It's gotten to the point where you don't realy even hear it anymore.

"Yes, Roy. You're so clever and commited and nobody else well ever fill your shoes. If only you weren't such an injury prone dinosaur who thinks he has the body of a man 10 years younger all would be good and right at Old Trafford and you could lead by your awesome example from the pitch and not the press box."

Ferdinand realy hasn't recovered since coming back from that supsension. Not even close. Will agree though that he amongst a few others in that side are over rated.

Agree also on Sir Alex overstaying if not his welcome, than at least his usefullness.

Not sure that losing Veron was the beginning of the end. I think many would rate his time at Man as inconsistent and indifferent at best. Think it might have more to do with the slow changing of the guard that has occured within the core group of players at Man. Keane, Scholes, Neville, Giggs and the like will all be out to pasture before too long and I think that process could have been hurried along if Man had actually shelled out the cash for so many of the great internationals that they had scouted but were then ultimately outbid for time and time again. Ferguson's comments this past week that Park's decision to come to Man for the betterment of his football development (as opposed to being drawn to bigger cash at another club) shows how far behind in the game Man really are in 2005. That's the comments of a quietly desparate man, maybe even a desperate club. A prestigious (albeit recent) reputation and a solid fan base alone won't put more trophies in the case. Just ask the Nottingham Forest fans.

Archived