Jonathan DG may make debut in UEFA Cup (R)

Curtis Armada

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Of note, this match was played in an empty stadium because of fan misconduct in a UEFA Cup match last spring. It's probably not the most exciting atmosphere in which to make your debut, but good job anyway to Jono. Hope he picks the right colours when it comes time to make that choice.

Well, he already plays in red and white, let's hope he wants to keep 'em... [:P]

quote:Originally posted by Ed

I don't know what ticker you guys were looking at but all reports I've seen have Feyenoord with 2 subs, none of them Jonathan.

Well, the soccernet report had JDG coming on at 85', but it has since been changed to Oweri, so that is the source of the confusion. Darn soccernet is so unreliable, but it is one of the few sites that give line-ups and subs in-match.

If I know the Dutch, and I'd like to think I do, they will force JDG to play for his native country, and their knight in shining armor.

"Remember when we saved you from the Germans? Remember when we allowed you to declare a hospital room dutch land so that the future queen of Holland could be born on Dutch soil? Yeah, Tulips aren't enough, bitches"

Geez, I'd almost forgotten about that. Luckily Global shows commercials hawking "We Saved Holland's Ass" DVDs every commercial break on Fox Sports World Canada, since no-one will buy advertising from them.

Embarassing, really. How often can we pat ourselves on the back before we are the national equivalent of Barry Horowitz?

quote:Originally posted by Alex M

If I know the Dutch, and I'd like to think I do, they will force JDG to play for his native country, and their knight in shining armor.

"Remember when we saved you from the Germans? Remember when we allowed you to declare a hospital room dutch land so that the future queen of Holland could be born on Dutch soil? Yeah, Tulips aren't enough, bitches"

Well we supplied the UK with food for 6 years, trained their troops, fought their tough battles. Fat lot of good that did us.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

A couple JDG Jr. questions someone might know the answers to:

-What club did he play for in Canada before he left?

-do his parents live in Canada?

-do Canada auto-qualify for WYC 2007?

To the last two questions the answer is yes, I am quite sure anyways about his parents living in Canada. And definitely sure we qualify for 2007 as hosts.

What are you thinking, that maybe Holland will not qualify and that would make his decision easier?

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Well we supplied the UK with food for 6 years, trained their troops, fought their tough battles. Fat lot of good that did us.

Brits (Englishmen particularly) have a superiority complex, you know with their bad teeth and pale skin.

Archived