Canada is improving !

Derosario23

As we all thought Canada would get crushed,but they came out swinging with a lot of starters missing. I for one am proud of our team and even though I hate to admit it Yallop seems to be doing a good job, if this continues we will qualify for 2010.

Good preparation is the key, the second goal was soft for Kenny but he did well regardless (if Sutton was there it would of been 1-1), plus all the chances we missed didn't help.

All in all we did well better than against Portugal Dero looked dangerous and so did Radz. Good job boys keep it up keep the friendlies comin and we will qualify next time and turn some heads in this country for once:)

I hate Yallop too i think his way of thinking is different and not logical but you know what all we really need is to get a team together and one more young quality striker and were in.

Good job for Yallop as well maybe we should lay off his back a little I mean the improvements are starting to show. If he isn't prepared for 2010 and we don't qualify then well bash him but for now im laying off his back and let him do his thing.

quote:Originally posted by Derosario23

Good job for Yallop as well maybe we should lay off his back a little

Nah, I don't think so[}:)]

I kid, I kid.

Hey, I've been good. Really I have. But like what you see or not, he's got a pretty big monkey on his back in the failed WCQ run. And he's got no one but himself to blame for the ape that's perched up there. So every accomplishment is going to be tainted with that history in mind.

Agreed though. Haven't seen the match but if things look to be going forward, and that INCLUDES results (frienldys or no) then leave the jury out a little longer. It's not as if we're in a rush right now.

quote:Originally posted by Derosario23

Good job for Yallop as well maybe we should lay off his back a little

Nah, I don't think so[}:)]

I kid, I kid.

Hey, I've been good. Really I have. But like what you see or not, he's got a pretty big monkey on his back in the failed WCQ run. And he's got no one but himself to blame for the ape that's perched up there. So every accomplishment is going to be tainted with that history in mind.

Agreed though. Haven't seen the match but if things look to be going forward, and that INCLUDES results (frienldys or no) then leave the jury out a little longer. It's not as if we're in a rush right now.

We definatly are improving overall though, cause when I see them play, our guys who are like early and mid 20's (plus peters) are just as good as our late 20 veterans who are peaking, thats not saying are veterans aren't good, they are, I'm just saying that the young crop is gonna be great by the time they get into the premier leagues in a few years, were seriously gonna be a decent contender by next world cup.

We've been improving since our loss to Costa Rica in WCQ,

but we really have not been together. The Spain match included

our A- team while the Gold Cup featured a B- team.

How do we really know we're improving? You'll find out

when we play Luxembourg -- whether it's a step forward, or

a couple of steps back. We really need time to gel as a team.

But I like what I saw against Portugal and the US, and what I've

heard against Spain.

Archived