Contract news for Lars ?

Winnipeg Fury

Hopefully Dandal or some other kind soul kind give this a read:

Hirschfeld vil forlenge

TROMSØ: Keeperhelten Lars Hirschfeld (27) er lysten på å forlenge kontrakten med TIL, men har foreløpig ikke hørt noe fra ledelsen i klubben.

Av Benjamin Åsali, 27.08.2005 kl. 12:43

TAKKER: Steinar Nilsen (til venstre) takker keeperhelten Lars Hirschfeld for en fantastisk opptreden under torsdagens triumf. (Foto: Lars Åke Andersen)

I går våknet den kanadiske målvakten opp som Tromsøs ferskeste superhelt. Mannen som berget TIL i den høydramatiske straffesparkkonkurransen mot Esbjerg torsdag, er i Ishavsbyen på lånt tid.

For når tippeligaens siste spark på ballen tas 29. oktober, har kanskje Lars Hirschfeld skutt sin siste femmeter for «Gutan».

Hvis ikke kontrakten forlenges da.

– Jeg er selvfølgelig åpen for det. Men jeg har ikke hørt noe, og må bare vente og se, sier 27-åringen.

– Akkurat nå har vi fokus på det sportslige. Det må vi gjøre når kampene kommer så tett. Det er likevel ikke tvil om at Lars har vært veldig positiv i TIL. Så vi er interesserte i å ha han med videre, sier trener Steinar Nilsen.

Stille fra andre klubber

Trolig vil den vordende Bosman-spilleren bli lagt merke til av andre klubber, hvis storspillet fortsetter i TIL-trøya.

– Real Madrid ringte faktisk etter kampen i går, fleiper Hirschfeld.

– Har du en agent som jobber for deg med tanke på andre alternativer?

– Du kan vel si det slik, sier en tilbakeholden Hirschfeld uten å ville utdype.

– Men jeg har ikke hørt noe fra andre klubber ennå, opplyser den tidligere Tottenham- og Leicester-spilleren.

Til gjengjeld har han hørt utallige superlativer fra alle hold, etter en veldig god inntreden i målvaktdrakten for «Gutan» i Knut Borchs skadefravær.

– Det var viktig for meg å få spille, og det var derfor jeg kom hit, påpeker målvakten.

Fint opphold

Kommer han i en konkurransesituasjon med Borch, kan realiteten bli en annen.

– Jeg har jo aldri sett ham spille, men han har jo et godt rykte på seg. Vi får se, ingen av oss vil vel sitte på benken, sier mannen som senest i mars voktet buret for landslaget da de spilte mot Portugal.

I Tromsø har keeperen med 18 landskamper for Canada funnet seg godt til rette.

– Tromsø er en fantastisk by. Klubben har jo også gjort det bra i det siste. Vi får sørge for å grave oss ut av kjelleren nå, sier Hirschfeld, og sikter til klubbens lite heldige plassering på tabellen.

At det ble Galatasaray som kom opp av bollen etter at Hirschfeld berget TIL videre, gjør at målvakten himler med øynene.

– Galatasaray, hva mer kan man si? De har jo spillere som Hakan Sükür – en spiller av verdensklasse, smiler keeperen.

Som kanskje blir i Tromsø lengre enn planlagt.

If it is Real Madrid, he will be making another huge mistake. I am willing to bet that he will not play a single a game there, whereas with tromso he's the starting golie. Once again we are seeing another repeat of Tottenham Spurs. He is better off staying in Norway until the end of the season.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

If it is Real Madrid, he will be making another huge mistake. I am willing to bet that he will not play a single a game there, whereas with tromso he's the starting golie. Once again we are seeing another repeat of Tottenham Spurs. He is better off staying in Norway until the end of the season.

Here is the link to the original page which also includes a picture of our hero.

http://fotball.aftenposten.no/nyhetsarkiv/article.jhtml?articleID=84613

db

Haha, "fleiper" is Norwegian for "making a flippant comment".

Lars was asked, I think, if any club had contacteded him yet about a Bosman transfer at the end of his current short contract with Tromso, and he jokingly said, I think, that Real Madrid phoned him. He went on to say, I think, that his agent was handling matters, but that he would prefer generally to be the starter on a club rather than being the reserve keeper for a club like Tottenham or Leicester, and that he is desirous ("lysten") of extending his contract with Tromso because he is happy there.

The title of the aricle means "Lars Will Extend" and I think he is assuring the writer of the article that his intention is to extend his contract past the October 29 date because he wants to stay with Tromso, who he says is a fantastic club and place, and that he is looking forward to playing Galatasary (whom they play in the UEFA Cup First Round legs on September 15 and 29, the winner going on to the 5-club-Group stage from October 20 to December 15).

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Haha, "fleiper" is Norwegian for "making a flippant comment".

Lars was asked, I think, if any club had contacteded him yet about a Bosman transfer at the end of his current short contract with Tromso, and he jokingly said, I think, that Real Madrid phoned him. He went on to say, I think, that his agent was handling matters, but that he would prefer generally to be the starter on a club rather than being the reserve keeper for a club like Tottenham or Leicester, and that he is desirous ("lysten") of extending his contract with Tromso because he is happy there.

The title of the aricle means "Lars Will Extend" and I think he is assuring the writer of the article that his intention is to extend his contract past the October 29 date because he wants to stay with Tromso, who he says is a fantastic club and place, and that he is looking forward to playing Galatasary (whom they play in the UEFA Cup First Round legs on September 15 and 29, the winner going on to the 5-club-Group stage from October 20 to December 15).

Was there not some criticism of Lars early in his stay?

Anyway, it's nice to see that his situation seems to be stable. Going to play away against Galatasary will be nice and frightening. Those Turkish crowds are scary.

db

No, there was no crticism of him concerning him in Tromso from what I recall. The other thread about his "problems" dealt with a registration oversight by the club with UEFA concerning his playing in the UEFA Cup, but that has since been cleared up.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

No, there was no crticism of him concerning him in Tromso from what I recall. The other thread about his "problems" dealt with a registration oversight by the club with UEFA concerning his playing in the UEFA Cup, but that has since been cleared up.

I'd heard that he looked bad on a goal he gave up in the same game that he stopped the penalty.

Perhaps I was overblowing things.

db

Archived