Canadians abroad: August 12-18, 2005

DJT

Atalanta primavera Andrea Lombardo at the 6' min marks his first goal against an exhibition game with Città di Meda 1913 defeating them by a 4 - 0 result over Citta di Meda a 6th tier team in Excellence he played the first half and was subbed at the 46 min mark after the score was 2 - 0 at half.

Still no word on Rocco Placentino as no indication he is with Cavese Calcio still looking for a team. Apparently no news weather he has been released or transferred but indication according to Cavese calcio he is not in the plans of this years team, also Lalli after being released by Lucera no word as to where he is.

Uccello is all set for his first match Wednesday at home in a Coppa Italia against Montevarchi at a 20:30 start time. in a Exibiton match last week against Grosseto a C1 team they tied after full time 0-0. Julian did score a goal late in the game but after a review with a Assistant the ref anulled the goal for a offside infraction.

Milwall 0 Stoke City 1;The games;Coca-Cola Championship;Football;Match rep ort

174 words

15 August 2005

The Times

The Game 15

English

© 2005 Times Newspapers Limited. All rights reserved

MILLWALL (0) 0

STOKE CITY (1) 1

Halls 38

Johan Boskamp earned his first victory as Stoke City manager thanks to John Halls' first-half strike at The New Den. Halls' precise finish was enough to see off a tepid Millwall, who rarely tested Steve Simonsen, the goalkeeper. Stoke scored the winner when Mamady Sidibe cleverly cut Luke Chadwick's pass into the path of Halls inside the penalty area and the full back's angled drive from right to left found the bottom-right corner.

Millwall manager Colin Lee: We struggled and we looked like we lacked energy it was a poor display. Maybe the players' football fitness levels are not as high as they should be.

Stoke manager Johan Boskamp: It was a great finish by John Halls. We like to play good football and to work hard, and that was what earned us the points.

Blinder: David Brammer.

Stinker: Josh Simpson.

Depor Win Copa Herrera Teresa

Deportivo La Coruna lifted their 13th Copa Teresa Herrera trophy after defeating Uruguay’s Penarol 2-1 at the Riazor.

Pedro Mutitis opened the scoring for Depor with a brilliant strike from outside the box that beat Penarol’s goalkeeper Claudio Flores.

In the 25th minute Munitis struck his second after slotting home from close range after a precise cross.

The Spanish side dominated the half and came close to extending their lead before the break. Paraguayan midfielder Roberto Acuna was unlucky to see his shot flash centimetres wide from Flores’ goal.

In the second half Penarol came out with a much more positive attitude and attacked their opponents.

Alberto Acosta who was making his debut for the Uruguayan side came close to scoring but his shot came off the post.

Substitute Alejandro Correa Rodriguez should have scored after a magnificent ball by Rotundo put him through on goal, but he shot over the bar.

With just three minutes of normal play left on the clock Penarol scored a well deserved consolation goal. Pablo Gaglianone struck a missile from 30 yards that gave Deportivo goalkeeper Dani Mazo no chance.

Deportivo finished the mini-tournament in first place after defeating Uruguayan clubs Nacional and Penarol both by a 2-1 scoreline.

DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA (2) Dani Mazo, Manuel Pablo, Romero, Hector, Joan Capdevila, Aldo Duscher (De Guzman 70), Roberto Acuna, Pedro Munitis, Ruben Castro (Valeron 69), Diego Tristan (Ribera 60), Ivan Carril (Momo 79). Coach: Joaquin Caparros.

PENAROL (1) Claudio Flores, Ronald Ramirez, Jean Jacques Pierre, Ricardo Moller, Alvaro Alonso, Nicolas Rotundo, Fernando Fadeuille (Alejandro Correa Rodriguez 59), Alberto Acosta, Pablo Russo (Diego Rodriguez 67), Pablo Gaglianone, Gonzalo Pizzichillo (Adrian Apellaniz 67). Coach: Fernando Morena

Several top clubs including Chelsea and Birmingham have been watching 18-year-old Canadian midfielder Atiba Hutchinson at Helsinborg in Sweden. But his agent, Barry MacLean, says it is unlikely Hutchinson will move during the transfer window that closes at the end of the month. A visa to work in Britain could be a problem, with clubs reluctant to pay a substantial fee without knowing he can indeed play for them. Austria Vienna, owned by Canadian entrepreneur Frank Stronach, is also interested in Hutchinson.

If only he was 18 years old.:)

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Bashley Res 0 Christchurch Res 1 (Wed 17 Aug)

Mika Dronyk made his first appearance for Bashley this season in a run-out for the Reserves.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, to anyone involved, but what is this kid doing playing for a reserve squad of a non-league club? Is he studying over there? I sure hope so, because the VMSL and lots of relatively cheap colleges are right here at home. I'm all for living the dream whilst your young, but I hope he's getting something out of it other than the local girls. :D

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Julian Uccello did not play in Sansovino's opening match of the group stage of the Coppa Italia Serie C yesterday agianst Montevarchi. I'm not sure if he was on the bench. The game ended 1-1.

Sansovino's next Coppa Italia match is on Sunday against Cuoiopelli.

He was not, due to injury during the practice they day before. He suffer a cut that required a few but healing well. He will be in the next game I'm sure and ready to go for his first match of the season Coppa Italia C,

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I'm not trying to be a dick here, to anyone involved, but what is this kid doing playing for a reserve squad of a non-league club? Is he studying over there? I sure hope so, because the VMSL and lots of relatively cheap colleges are right here at home. I'm all for living the dream whilst your young, but I hope he's getting something out of it other than the local girls. :D

Mika's doing a four-year degree in Sports something-rather at a university in Southampton. Otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to go all the way out to England, surely!

Guest Jeffery S.

Dani Fernandes played the second half (it seems) in a PAOK 4-0 friendly win at home on Wednesday vs another top flight GK league team Appolon Kalamaria. The rivalry for starting keeper at Paok continues, as does their rather good pre-season.

Have to check on when they start UEFA action...

Archived