Wed. July 20 : Lynx - Atlanta [R]

Time : 12:00pm EST

Where : Centennial Stadium, Etobicoke,ON

Who : The 6th place Atlanta Silverbacks (6-3-8-21, 4-2-3-14 on the road) against the 12th place Toronto Lynx (2-5-8-11, 1-2-3-5 at home)

The Lynx are comming of a 2-1 win at home against Seattle on Saturday where they dominated the game and could have scored 3 or 4 goals. The Silverbacks are comming off an impressive 4-2 win in Puerto Rico. The Lynx have looked impressive in their last few games, as they have made some key signings and a number of players have recovered from injuries.

Pat's Players to watch :

Atlanta - Fabian Dawkins (9 goals in 15 games/Player of the week)

Toronto - Charles Gbeke (returned to the Lynx after playing with Danish club Herfolge/scored a goal against Seattle and was a dominant force in attack)

Prediction : Toronto 1-1 Atlanta : I think a draw is the most likely outcome, Toronto has confidence but Atlanta is a very strong road team, and are currently in the last playoff spot, and they will wanna keep it that way.

Hamiltonfan,

top six qualify for playoffs. I guess the top two have by's where 3 vs 6 and 4 vs. 5 play. Then i would think the lowest remanding "seed" would play the 1st place team and vice versa with the 2nd place and the higer remanding team besides the two teams with by's, understand or no?

- Sean, were going to win, 3-2 and definatly be back in that hunt hehehehe!!!

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Its one of two kids days games they have every year. A whole bunch of youth soccer teams attend this game & then never come back, while real fans of the team are essentially prevented from attending because we work during the day.

Isn't it rather day camps?

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Isn't it rather day camps?

Possibly the game during the school break is, I've never been to that one. The game during the school year I was able to go to once, with the stands full of school kids not paying attention to the play at all.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Possibly the game during the school break is, I've never been to that one. The game during the school year I was able to go to once, with the stands full of school kids not paying attention to the play at all.

Lots of screaming for free t-shirts I seem to recall.

db

Back from the game, The Lynx dominated from the get go.. and the one goal atlanta did score was offside by a mile just the linesman didnt catch it.

Goals Scored by Sean Frasier and Charles Gebeke.

Announced crowd of 3900, but i doubt it was that.

But this lynx team looks really strong,

Line-up: Goddard, Arrango, Titus,Munthali, Henry, Aristademo, Diplacido, Taty, Gbeke, Frasier

Then Wyn, Joe and Said Ali came in to play....

Guest HamiltonSteelers

PILLOW FIGHT *clap*clap*clap*

PILLOW FIGHT *clap*clap*clap*

It's funny, I don't remember much from that home opener...

Archived