Canada patch for FIFA'05 - NOW RELEASED!

strobe_z

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having trouble with the patch, but I think it's actually the MLS2.0 patch that's causing it. I installed all three pathes

ISL2-->MLS2-->Canda

over top of my original installation of FIFA2005

and when i tried to run the game it would pring up the splash screen, flicker a couple of black screens on me and then go away as though i hadn't launched the program.

So i uninstalled everything, installed FIFA again [my poor career :(]

then i installed ISL2.0 and ran the game and it worked.

I then installed MLS (with none of the additional patches) , launched the game, and the same thing happened as before, (flicker and gone)

has anyone else experienced this problem? should i get MLS 1.0 and then the update for it?

I really would love to play the Canadian teams.

ya, i figure it is the MLS patch that is the problem. in the DOS screen i noticed "fatal error."

at any rate. so the ****e part is that i uninstalled my game. and now i can't find my disc 1!!! any chance i could borrow someone's disc 1 (obviously i have disc 2 or i wouldn't have been able to have been playing!)???

anyway, it would suck to have to buy the game again, you know?

Strobe: to answer yer questions.

1) yes.

2) yes.

3) yes.

final question: which MLS patch do you have to have? do you have to download and install the MLS patches in order?

thanks! ps-i live in BC if anyone is willing to send me disc 1!!!!

Ok... welcome to the wonderful world of patches. Here's my next set of suggestions.

1) Do a clean/full install of FIFA 05

2) Make sure you download and install the Microsoft .NET framework (as it says in the Creation Centre readme.txt file). Available at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

3) Download and install the Creation Centre, available at: http://files.filefront.com/CC2005_13027_breamster/;4026238;;/fileinfo.html

4) Install the ISP 2.0 patch

5) Install the MLS 2.0 patch from the MLS2.0.exe (make sure you wait until it's all installed.. takes a while)

6) Install the Canada patch 1.0

7) Open the Creation Center and click "Save"

8) When it asks you to "Rebuild FAT BH files" click 'yes'

9) Open FIFA and enjoy

I have a feeling that the .NET framework might be important to ensure that the applications that unpack and re-compress the files during the install require it (as does the Creation Centre).

Good luck!

ok. followed all of those steps and it works perfectly! DO NOT forget to open the creation centre and "save" and "yes" in there.

played whitecaps v. st. john's. 1-1 (goals by jordan and godfrey)!!!!!

now setting it up - as it is a fantasy league afterall - by transferring all of the national team player pool players from canadasoccer.com into the league's "csl" (ie/radz and stalteri). also gonna create some of the u20's i think. can't wait to get started! hahahaha.

later.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE WORK!!!!!!

can i suggest improvement or is that rude?

a) correct kits for whitecaps.

B) make the a-league teams stronger. probably should begin the league better than the fantasy teams anyway.

c) i was trying to create players and as soon as you reach the danish league when changing the players club the game crashes.

but really, very good!!! i am only 1-1-2 with the caps!!!! just as in real life the caps can't win on the road!

It's never rude to suggest improvements... as long as you're not rude about it! [:I]

a) The Whitecaps kits in the USL teams is correct. You can probably swap them using the CC if you like. As I mentioned somewhere else in this thread, the guy that helped me with the kits made a bunch of fantasy ones.. including the Whitecaps and Lynx. Since it's a fantasy patch, I figured why not.

B) The USL teams in the CSL are weak because I used the rosters from the USL patch. The patches were created independent of each other and Timotas and I set the 'standard' players ratings too high probably. If you want to use the CC to even out the player ratings, be my guest. We might even release a version 2.0 of the patch.

c) No idea why the game is crashing for you. There might be something wrong in the CC in terms of players on missing or teams with too small rosters or something. I'm not much of a roster guy (obviously), so I can't really say.

DO THIS IN THIS ORDER:

1) Do a clean/full install of FIFA 05

2) Make sure you download and install the Microsoft .NET framework (as it says in the Creation Centre readme.txt file). Available at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

3) Download and install the Creation Centre, available at: http://files.filefront.com/CC2005_13027_breamster/;4026238;;/fileinfo.html

4) Install the ISP 2.0 patch

5) Install the MLS 2.0 patch from the MLS2.0.exe (make sure you wait until it's all installed.. takes a while)

6) Install the Canada patch 1.0

7) Open the Creation Center and click "Save"

8) When it asks you to "Rebuild FAT BH files" click 'yes'

9) Open FIFA and enjoy

ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER for the transferring of kits question i got?

Archived