July 3 - Montreal vs. Seattle [R]

DJT

One radio/audio Webcast by CJAD 800 AM Montreal, plus one in French and another from Seattle are available.

Halftime:

Montreal 2 Seattle 1

7' MTL Gerba (Vincello)

11' SEA Edwards (Scott)

45' MTL Gerba

Gerba returned from playing for Canada on Saturday night (the only Impact player to do so) to score two goals in the first half here — including a 40-yard free kick for the second goal when Burpo couldn't see with the bright sun in his face. Gerba lifted his shirt after the first goal and was warned by the referee, but did it again after the second goal and got a yellow card.

Final:

Montreal 3 Seattle 1

7' MTL Gerba (Vincello)

11' SEA Edwards (Scott)

45' MTL Gerba

90' MTL Kolic (Ze Roberto)

Attendance: 11,976 or 11,996

A great win for Montreal, especially given their depleted lineup, against a team with which they were tied on points and which had lost only one match prior to this one (though they were not rested as they played last against and travelled from Minnesota). But the commentators felt that Montreal did not play very well.

Montreal's record is now 7-4-0 (W-D-L) and they are only 4 points behind league leaders Richmond with 4 games in hand. Montreal has 2.27 points per match; next best in the league is Richmond's 1.93.

And Wednesday night: Montreal vs. Richmond! It's going to be tough with that depleted lineup, though. The commentators feel they'll need a better performance in this one, especially against a more rested team.

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

First goal is actually an own goal

The fourth official ruled that Gerba should be credited with the goal even though everybody at the game saw that it went off the defender.

For more info, read my match report at uslfans.com

Cheers

I guess Ali playing this game was part of the deal in taking him for the squad, since he's not likely to start against Costa Rica I would guess (though his chances of coming on as a sub must be good with Occean suspended for the first game).

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

I think the whole defense looked shacky, Cann was'nt very good, he made a couple mistakes. The Impact were also pretty lucky, Seattle nearly scored 15 minutes before the end. Seattle was'nt here just to draw like Toronto and Rochester earlier this season, they came to win.

Archived