Gold Cup E-Manager...Let's see your starters

The Beaver

Okay, time to see your ideal line-ups heading in to the Gold Cup. (Yes, we still have a couple of months to go, but let's do it anyways. 11 starters plus subs)

Sutton

Stalteri Reda Nsaliwa Kluka

Hutch Grande DeGuzman Brennan

Hume McKenna

----

Subs: GK: Lars, Fernandes (why not, eh?)

D: Jazic (if healthy), Gervais, Simpson

M: Imhof, Peters,

S: DeRo,

I'd also love to see Brilliant, Harmse and a few other bright lights from North America get a look.

Assuming Occean is there for part of the tourney and that Jazic is not healthy:

------------------------Sutton

Hutchinson---Reda--Klukowski---Simpson

-----Stalteri---------Grande---------Brennan

----------------------DeGuzman

-----------------Occean-----DeRosario

Bench (assuming 23): Stamatopolous, Hirschfeld, McKenna, Gervais, Imhof, Brillant, Nsaliwa, Hume, Peters, Bernier, Bircham and someone from the A-League (Nash, Gerba, Clarke, Xausa, I don't know, if anyone has a good first few months, call them in).

Considering this tournament's format and our travel, I think we need to empty the bench. For example:

---------------------Sutton

Stalteri---Nsaliwa---McKenna--Klukowski

-----Peters--------Imhof---------Brennan

-------------------DeGuzman

-------------DeRosario-----Hume

That's a pretty radical change, but we can interchange a lot of guys in different spot depending on who we're playing. Using everyone helps us get a better idea of who works best where and also helps us stay fresh with few days between matches.

cheers,

matthew

The TOR say ideal lineups so:

Sutton

Stalteri - Reda - Klulowski - Simpson

Bernier - Hutchinson - DeGuzman - Brennan

Hume - Occean

Subs - Fernandes, Hirschfeld, Jazic, Nsaliwa, Gervais, Peters, Grande, DeRosario, McKenna, Gyaki, DeJong

Ideal lineup

-------Lars------

--Nsaliwa----McKenna

Stalteri-----------Klukowski

----------Attiba------

-----DeGuzman----------

Peeters------Hume----Brennan

---------Occean

Probable Lineup

-------Sutton--------

----Reda-----Gervais

Bernier-----------Simpson

---------Attiba-----

----Grande--------

Peeters----DeRo-----Brennan

---------McKenna

Hume and DeGuz and of course DeVos need the rest, Occean is the best striker in Norway and won't be allowed to play, (Attiba might not make it either if he keeps playing well, so pencil in Serioux... unless he retires to a Rasta colony and forsakes the ball chasin Babylon) Stalteri and McKenna need a new club and might not risk an injury. Sutton seems to be edging into first choice status.

The second choice team is still pretty strong though, which is promising.

Apart from Occean's nice header vs. Northern Ireland, what has he done with the ball that makes him an instant starter? He looked slow throughout the WCQ's and ineffective with the ball at his feet. I don't think he's terrible but is he really better as a target forward than McKenna?

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Apart from Occean's nice header vs. Northern Ireland, what has he done with the ball that makes him an instant starter? He looked slow throughout the WCQ's and ineffective with the ball at his feet. I don't think he's terrible but is he really better as a target forward than McKenna?

I believe he scored a nice game winning goal in Edmonton in WCQ against Honduras in the 86th minute. Always nice - provided the offical does not butcher the call.

Here goes again!

Here's my 11 that i'd pick, but prolyl wont be franks

GK - Sutton

RB - Stalteri

CB - McKenna

CB - Kluko

LB - Simpson

RWM - Peters

Holding mid - Hutchinson

CM - DeGuz

LWM - Brennen

F - OO

F - Hume

Subs:

Fernandes, Nsaliwa, Reda, Serioux, Bernier, Imhoff, DeRo

What I expect frank to pick:

GK - Sutton

RB - Hutch

CB - Mckenna

CB - Reda

LB - Kluko

RM - Stalts

CM - Imhoff

CM - De Guz

LM - Brennan

F - DeRo

F - OO

Subs:

Lars, Simpson, Gervais, Jazic, Grande (He'd be my next choice too if i had 1 more roster spot), Hume, and a young a-leaguer, likely a midfeilder

The reason i left JP of yallop's list anhd hesitated to put him on mine is only b/c i think he will skip[ the GC this year to try to grab a spot with his new team, especially if the tractor boys get promoted. I personally think that he might be wise to do so, as much as i would like to have him at the tourny.

I'm also not sure about jazic....i have this feeling that if he's healthy, he'll be starting in the back four...I'd rather have kluko there myself

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

And I don't think we've ever taken 23 to ANY tournament.

Didn't we take 23 to the Confed Cup?

In any event, I agree I was nuts to suggest a 23-man roster. Of course that meant I didn't have to make any tough decisions on the bench.

cheers,

matthew

Archived