Toronto Lynx 2005

After yet another drubbing to start another season 3-0 vs the

Timbers in Portland, the Lynx tied the hapless Vancouver Whitecaps,

0-0. So two games down for the Lynx in '05 no goals scored(there's

a shock) and 3 against. The Lynx at this point in time will be

eliminated from playoff contention by mid to late May. No sign of improvement in this club, yet people always wonder why they don't get the support. Here's the reason , they can't win. And no they have added ladies soccer to the mix, like thats gonna get soccer fans,

into the stadium. Come on Lynx get you act together.:(:(

There is no problem with the Toronto Lynx, you have to remember we just played 2 top teams in the usl, and both home openers. I expected to have a tought time in both games, and in the porland game we had 2 goal line clearances and a world class save against us.

After reading reports from many fans, they have said that every time Sean Frasier touches the ball he creates havoc on the defence.

Give the team time, they have only played togeather for a month tops, and i kno thats a problem with the orginization but its hard to play when there is snow on the grass.

Dont hate the team

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

There is no problem with the Toronto Lynx, you have to remember we just played 2 top teams in the usl, and both home openers. I expected to have a tought time in both games, and in the porland game we had 2 goal line clearances and a world class save against us.

After reading reports from many fans, they have said that every time Sean Frasier touches the ball he creates havoc on the defence.

Give the team time, they have only played togeather for a month tops, and i kno thats a problem with the orginization but its hard to play when there is snow on the grass.

Dont hate the team

Yeah. One point in two away games against some quality sides to open the season is far from being the end of the world. In fact you could argue that its quite a good start. I thought about responding in such manner earlier to the initial post on this thread. But the panic seemed so outrageous that I figured it must be some sort of bait. So I didn't bother.

quote:Originally posted by canadiansoccerrules

After yet another drubbing to start another season 3-0 vs the

eliminated from playoff contention by mid to late May. No sign of improvement in this club, yet people always wonder why they don't get the support. Here's the reason , they can't win. And no they have added ladies soccer to the mix, like thats gonna get soccer fans,

Who is this dude?

I was at the Timbers-Lynx match, and for the first 20 minutes or so, we thought we were in serious trouble. The Lynx have quick forwards that were causing havok with our defense, and played well in midfield as well. We tried to attack the flanks of the defense and were shut down pretty effectively. As all the stats indicated, the first half was very even.

Not having Rick Titus there (I'm not sure why he wasn't there, he wasn't even on the active roster) was the difference, I think, as the Timbers started finding holes in the center of the defense. All 3 goals were a result of the Lynx central defense not knowing exactly where they were supposed to be. I do think the Lynx failed to adjust in the second half and expected more of the same. I also think Jeremie Piette needs to learn not to play around with the ball too much. He got it swiped right off his feet a few times, one of which led to the first Timbers goal.

The Lynx did have their chances, and nearly scored on an early breakaway that our keeper only barely touched, just enough to allow a defender to clear, and yes we did clear a few off the line.

From my perspective, if they get more playing time together, and shore up the central defense and defensive midfield, you'll do fine. Don't be giving up on the team just yet. For the first 20 minutes or so of the first half on Saturday, you guys were better than we were, and that's against a team that had 10 of 11 on the pitch returned from last year's regular season champions, and were unlucky not to carry a 1-0 lead into the locker room.

I'll be at the game in Toronto on June 4, and I have a feeling it won't be another 3 goal win for the Timbers this time. Hope to see some of you there. :)

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Dont hate the team

I don't hate the team (players) it's just the management side and

theie failure to try to produce a winning side the bugs the crap

out of me. I don't even mine my sides losing either, but scoring

is a must and no goals after 2 goals, thats a worry.

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

I don't hate the team (players) it's just the management side and

their failure to try to produce a winning side the bugs the crap

[:0]

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

Who is this dude?

Exhibit A - canadiansoccerrules:

quote:After yet another drubbing to start another season 3-0 vs the

Exhibit B - FC Beast:

quote:I don't hate the team (players) it's just the management side and

theie failure to try to produce a winning side the bugs the crap

I invite you to come to your own conclusion.

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

BEAST..........what is this "we" talk ???? Through thick and thin thats how a tru fan acts.

Only when a fan has seen enough losing and no propest of ever becoming

a top soccer side. Correct me if im wrong, but the Lynx has made only

2 playoffs since they began the franchise?

Lynx lose yet again, this time to Atlanta 3 - 2. 0 -4 -2 after the opening 6 matches and coming home to face the defending USL champion,

Montreal Impact. The Impact players and coaches must be shaking in

their boots with the propect of face the hapless Lynx.

Thats what happens when you don't spend money on the right players and bring in players who only care about the paycheck and frankly aren't worth anything. The organization is extremely unprofessional and the Lynx will never make a playoff spot again!

Blah, Blah, Blah.... honestly.. who plays in the a-league for the paycheck?!?!?!?

Sure the organization is unprofessional.... and might not make the playoffs ever again. But please dont tell me that the players dont love the game. They go week by week on those pay checks man....

Archived