A minor embarassment fo the Lynx!

Well, this is unfortunate.

The Lynx's recent press release on the signing of Joe M. was sent out to those of us on the club's media list. I can only assume they added a number of folks to the list but didn't inform them (or ask).

When these people replied to have their names taken off, somehow everyone on the list started getting these notes. I personally received about 30.

Now, that in itself isn't that big a deal but these were media people such as Lindsay O'Connor and Nelson Millman of the Fan.

Errors do happen but it is a drag that this error was embarassingly in the face of the media.

With no offence to anybody intended, it does reflect on how the team is looked upon by the media.

Ah well.

db

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

When these people replied to have their names taken off, somehow everyone on the list started getting these notes. I personally received about 30.

Sorry, David, but I'm a bit confused about what you mean here. People wanted to be taken off the club's media list, and then everyone on the list started getting what notes?

The release asked people that no longer wanted to receive notifications to reply back.

When people replied to the address given, it was actually a group email containing ALL the names on the Lynx distribution - so it had the same effect as hitting "Reply All" !!!

30 or so emails later, people finally figured it out :)

An equally good question might be: Why would someone like Lindsay O'Connor ask to be taken off such list. He does afterall host a radio show that deals predominantly with soccer. Would it really kill him to receive the occasion this information :D. Well perhaps I should clarify, He hosts a international sports show that focuses alot on soccer. But really its English and Scottish soccer as well as the token appearance ADB to chat about the Italian Championship. Once in a blue moon, there is the odd chat about the national team(s) but you can tell from the discussions that they don't really follow the team.

Does it not speak volumes about the type soccer fans and media we have in canada, when someone like Lindsay O'Connor doesn't even want to receive the occasional info pertaining to the highest level of Local pro soccer that there currently exist?

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Well perhaps I should clarify, He hosts a international sports show that focuses alot on soccer. But really its English and Scottish soccer as well as the token appearance ADB to chat about the Italian Championship. Once in a blue moon, there is the odd chat about the national team(s) but you can tell from the discussions that they don't really follow the team.

That's exactly why I rarely ever listen to their show.

Well perhaps I should clarify, He hosts a international sports show that focuses alot on soccer. But really its English and Scottish soccer as well as the token appearance ADB to chat about the Italian Championship. Once in a blue moon, there is the odd chat about the national team(s) but you can tell from the discussions that they don't really follow the team.

That's exactly why I rarely ever listen to their show.

Just thought of something else, Maybe Nelson Millman might also wonder why Lindsay O'Connor asked to be taken off the mailing list :D

This really is emabarrassing for the Lynx isn't it:D

Let me clarify, Lindsay DID NOT ask to be taken off the list but he was subject to all the other e-mails as was I. Some community papers and people no longer doing sports asked to be taken off the list but not Lindsay or Nelson.

The problem was that all of us on the list received the requests to be removed followed by others saying "why am I getting this", "me too" and so on.

db

Just thought of something else, Maybe Nelson Millman might also wonder why Lindsay O'Connor asked to be taken off the mailing list :D

This really is emabarrassing for the Lynx isn't it:D

Let me clarify, Lindsay DID NOT ask to be taken off the list but he was subject to all the other e-mails as was I. Some community papers and people no longer doing sports asked to be taken off the list but not Lindsay or Nelson.

The problem was that all of us on the list received the requests to be removed followed by others saying "why am I getting this", "me too" and so on.

db

quote:Originally posted by Rocket Robin

And I usually get all the team's press releases and have missed the last two. Maybe some prankster e-mailed the Lynx and added my name to those who wanted to be cut off.

I've been getting mine. Did you get today's Rogers announcement?

db

Archived