Simpsons visit Winnipeg

Vancouver Fan

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

In last nights episode.

Homer,Apu,and Ned Flanders cross the border to get Canadian medicine.The sign welcoming them reads"Welcome to Winnipeg,We were born here.Whats your excuse?"

More good jabs at us as only the Simpsons(Matt Groening)can do.

Loved the line about the drugs making Regina look like Saskatoon. Man that is some righteous powerful ****.

Matt's got an aunt up Winnipeg way (if I recall correctly) who he's fond of and her being a good Winnipeg lass is constantly reminding him to include the jolly old town whenever he can. For good or bad. We're a pretty thick skinned bunch for the most part so we can handle it.

Wonder why that is? Oh, yeah. Cronic exposure to -35 degree tempatures (don't count windchill! That's for them sissy easteners) and mutant mosquitoes. Sometimes, ironicaly, during the same month. It that dosen't toughen up your hide then nothing well, and you basicly die.

Sorry I missed that one. Dang.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Wonder why that is? Oh, yeah. Cronic exposure to -35 degree tempatures (don't count windchill! That's for them sissy easteners) and mutant mosquitoes. Sometimes, ironicaly, during the same month. It that dosen't toughen up your hide then nothing well, and you basicly die.

Sorry I missed that one. Dang.

All that AND you support Canadian soccer.Let me guess...you like to have the odd alcoholic beverage.

"That's it. We're driving back to Winnipeg!" was the first Simpsons line involving our city.

Saw the other night's episode regarding the Simpsons' visit to Winnipeg/Regina, etc.

All for drugs. There's an element of truth as all the on-line pharmacies are based in Winnipeg.

"Want a joint? It's legal here..." Gotta love the Simpsons. And it's all Flanders' fault. :-)

Favorite lines: "Welcome to Canada. Now Celine-Dione free".

The name of the Winnipeg pharmacy where Homer was a customer: "Dudley Do-Drugs".

BTW, Winnipeg made Homer Simpson an honorary citizen in 2003 in the belief Matt Groening's father, Homer, was born there. Apparently, further research has shown he was actually born in Saskatchewan.

http://members.rogers.com/i.compose/homer.htm

Archived