Should Canadian women have their own Association?

Robert

Should there be a Canadian Women's Soccer Association? Would a split between the men and women be beneficial for both, just one, or neither. From a funding point of view, can they each stand on their own financial feet, generating their own revenues, or does one need to draw from their resources to subsidize the other? Does the financially weaker party hold equal rights in managing their affairs? Is this an arranged, shotgun marriage? Or did we mutually fall in love?

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

The womens team like hockey,is a big fish in a small pond, so it's hard for them to look other then good. When the bigger nations get involved

in women's soccer ,if they bother, Canada will sink down so deep it will make the position the men are in look good.

Do you ever, and I mean EVER, have anything positive to say? You're such a negative person I'm surprised you haven't gone postal yet.

The womens team like hockey,is a big fish in a small pond, so it's hard for them to look other then good. When the bigger nations get involved

in women's soccer ,if they bother, Canada will sink down so deep it will make the position the men are in look good.

Do you ever, and I mean EVER, have anything positive to say? You're such a negative person I'm surprised you haven't gone postal yet.

No, one association. Same sport, shared facilities, shared coaching, ref and other technical resources, same international arrangements. Any administration problems can be sorted out. No sense having two sets of problems to work with, when now you just have one.

Womens soccer..........who cares?

I have the answer to this question.

Here is a list of a few groups of people and organisations.

1) Canadian Soccer Supporters

2) Sportsnet Television Network

3) 342,976 females who paid registration fees which accounts for 41.6% of the 825,031 memebers of the CSA.

4) FIFA

5) CIS NCAA

6) CIBC

7) Canadians who love to cheer for the home team

8) 900,000 persons who watched Sportsnet telecast of the 2002 World Championship plus the supporters at the stadium.

quote:Originally posted by mtlfan

3) 342,976 females who paid registration fees which accounts for 41.6% of the 825,031 memebers of the CSA.

4) FIFA

5) CIS NCAA

6) CIBC

8) 900,000 persons who watched Sportsnet telecast of the 2002 World Championship plus the supporters at the stadium.

Great stats, no doubt. However, will these numbers be sustained if the level of success begins to flatter? If they remain high, it might be in the best interest of the Women's game to seperate from the resource draining Men's program, as there is only one Director out 8 on the CSA's Executive Committee that represents the Women's game. This represents a 12.5% voice in the management of the Women's affairs, which is a far cry from the 41.6% of the registered membership it represents.

quote:Originally posted by mtlfan

4) FIFA

5) CIS NCAA

6) CIBC

Great stats, no doubt. However, will these numbers be sustained if the level of success begins to flatter? If they remain high, it might be in the best interest of the Women's game to seperate from the resource draining Men's program, as there is only one Director out 8 on the CSA's Executive Committee that represents the Women's game. This represents a 12.5% voice in the management of the Women's affairs, which is a far cry from the 41.6% of the registered membership it represents.

Archived