Canada's Goal? Future FIFA Rankings MATTER!

Ian Kennett

quote:Originally posted by way2goeh

cant you have a laugh? Its hard to digest how our team is doing. I would prefer to were going to germany signed Canada

Sure its great to have a sense of humour, but you are laughing at our expense, and what's worse, you are filling the thread with useless crap. We love humour, but your silliness is just plain useless and not particularly funny.

perhaps its tasteless but in the big picture, something does need to be done about our squad. Ive been listening to Canada games on the net for years now (Unica and kqkq). I´m just as big of a supportes as anyone here. I was at the coliseum when canada palyed South Korea during the Gold Cup 2000, and countless games on the tele. I´m just as disappointed as all of you. I thought, like everyone else Yallop would make some changes but still the same results (except for the mexican ref). He hasnt had enough time, true, but there needs to be some changes. We have a month to rest our players and pray for the best. So, while all of you are still whining about the games, I´m just here to soften the blow. Maybe its not funny, maybe it is. But hopefully these morons in the CSA would read this and understand that weve had enough. So smile, enjoy life. It´s just a game. Ask Bertuzzi [:P]

quote:Originally posted by way2goeh

So, while all of you are still whining about the games, I´m just here to soften the blow. Maybe its not funny, maybe it is.

Waytoblow, how many times can you post really bad jokes?

Apparently you're trying to set some record.

Listen, the CSA will NOT read asenine posts. Why don't you send your

complaints DIRECTLY to the CSA? Because if you look at the logo

on the upper left, it says "Canadian Soccer Supporters", not "CSA".

Say something constructive, I'm sure you can. You see, it's okay

to complain, you just can't complain TOO MUCH. If you persist,

no one listens.

The idea of a B team and an A team with players rotating in and out for friendlies intigues me . As we do actually have to play friendlies to start changing our trend in FIFA rankings and prepare for tourneys.

What I was wondering was ; since a few A-League players play winter months in the MISL ( up to 11 teams now [:0] ) . Is the MISL and it's peculiar brand of indoor soccer associated with FIFA ? So if CSA called up MISL players for winter international dates do the teams have to honour the call ups ?

A thought that's all . We do need as many players as possible playing to-gether to get used to each other and the coaching .

Although I'm not giving up on WCQ yet as others have said the next focus should be Gold Cup let's start preparing CSA .

Look, most of you are making a huge error. You seem to think that Canada playing more friendlies against weaker/stronger opponents is somehow gonna make Canada better. The fact is a game here and there, a week in camp etc. will never develop Canadian players. To develop they need to be playing in a professional setting, day in and out, with players better than they are. Look at the talent Canada has on the field, after Radzinski who else plays regularly on a top flight team? The skill level was poor, the decision making was even worse, and we don't seem to have a lot of young players moving up. Hell, how many players for Canada played for that famed team "Unattached"? The dream of a WC, or even another Gold Cup should be shelved, the players we have now should be evaluated for future potential and we should concetrate on getting as many players as possible into good leagues in Europe, Mexico, South America or wherever. It will take time but we have plenty of that if little else.

Archived