Who can record Canada-Honduras onto a computer?

JohnMark recorded the Canada-Guatemala match onto his computer using a TV tuner, compressing it with DivX software. I was able to turn the file into a torrent and share it on the internet with bittorrent software, allowing people around the world to watch the match.

Because of this, both Canadians abroad and Canadians who don't normally watch Canuck soccer were able to download and watch the match. Sounds like a good way to bring more interest to the national team, and to help keep Canucks abroad connected.

JohnMark will be at the Honduras match this Saturday, and thus may not be able to record the match onto his computer. As such, I was wondering if any of you might be able to record the match onto your computer and compress it with DivX/Xvid/etc.

Any takers?

Also, if any of you want to record Montreal's FWSC playoff onto a computer, I'd be happy to distribute it as a torrent as well.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

JohnMark recorded the Canada-Guatemala match onto his computer using a TV tuner, compressing it with DivX software. I was able to turn the file into a torrent and share it on the internet with bittorrent software, allowing people around the world to watch the match.

Because of this, both Canadians abroad and Canadians who don't normally watch Canuck soccer were able to download and watch the match. Sounds like a good way to bring more interest to the national team, and to help keep Canucks abroad connected.

JohnMark will be at the Honduras match this Saturday, and thus may not be able to record the match onto his computer. As such, I was wondering if any of you might be able to record the match onto your computer and compress it with DivX/Xvid/etc.

Any takers?

Also, if any of you want to record Montreal's FWSC playoff onto a computer, I'd be happy to distribute it as a torrent as well.

You sure that there aren't copyright restriction to doing this? I know that its one thing to tape a game and re-watch it or even give it to a couple of people to watch. But an entire broadcast on the web for anyone around the world to download and do whatever they want with it. I don't know. Remember what happened to that web site with all the soccer goals of the past in all events around the world? what was it called? footofgod.com or something like that.

Yeah, I have taken this into consideration. But there are soccer torrent websites put up by other people, and we might as well take advantage of them.

If we were hurting Sportsnet or FSWC in any way, I would be against it. But it seems to me that we're either delivering games to Canadians overseas, or those who would not ordinarily watch Canadian soccer. If we get new people interested in Canuck footie, there will be more people watching Sportsnet's broadcasts (and thus Sportsnet's advertisements) in the future.

People within Canada who download such a match are those who were usually unaware that the game even took place at all, and thus would never have seen Sportsnet's adverts in the first place.

Win-win, if you ask me.

Anyone who tapes the game certainly can capture it on his/her computer at a later date it they have the software and a TV Tuner in their computer. I have the software and the TV tuner but don't know squat about compressing it to DivX, nor do I want to incur any bitching from SHAW who like to bitch. Plus I'm going to be away for awhile.

As for the legalities, I hardly doubt that sportsnet is going to be making their own DVD copies and selling them, so who are we ripping off? It's no different than sports tape trading that people do all the time, except it's a lot less expensive.

I can tape the game and burn it into a DVD for those in the UK, if they want.

Hopefully, they just distribute it to all the Canadians who want it.

Email me if you wish. (cad141@mts.net)

fza, could you email me your address in Chile so that I can mail you the Belize game?

quote:Originally posted by redhat

I can tape the game and burn it into a DVD for those in the UK, if they want.

Hopefully, they just distribute it to all the Canadians who want it.

Email me if you wish. (cad141@mts.net)

fza, could you email me your address in Chile so that I can mail you the Belize game?

Hey!!!!..Nice to hear from you again!!..I already sent you an email with my address. Email me yours as well so I can send you some Chilean soccer merchandise!..they play Columbia on Sunday,I might go, if I do then I`ll pick you up some stuff at the Stadium.

Cheers!

fza

quote:Originally posted by fza

Hey!!!!..Nice to hear from you again!!..I already sent you an email with my address. Email me yours as well so I can send you some Chilean soccer merchandise!..they play Columbia on Sunday,I might go, if I do then I`ll pick you up some stuff at the Stadium.

Cheers!

fza

Oh please... here we go again. How many times I need to remind you that the name of the country is Colombia, not Columbia.

quote:[ Email me yours as well so I can send you some Chilean soccer merchandise!..they play Columbia on Sunday,I might go, if I do then I`ll pick you up some stuff at the Stadium.

Cheers!

fza

Oh please... here we go again. How many times I need to remind you that the name of the country is Colombia, not Columbia.

quote:Originally posted by fza

Ningún problema mi viejo. No, no soy Colombiano.

Hahaha..sorry man...do you happen to be "Colombiano"?

Archived