Jarrek

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From matthew in another thread:

---

Just found this on the Channel 7 news site archieves:

posted (May 13, 2004)

With the feud settled, the FFB says the major huddle to victory in Canada is financing to prepare all 18 players for the trip north. The FFB appealed to the business community and today Scotia Bank, whose headquarters are based in Canada, chipped in with $5,000.

In accepting the check from Scotia's Country Manager Patrick Andrews, the FFB's Dr. Chimilio says the money will definitely be useful.

Dr. Bertie Chimilio,

"This will be used to get traveling gear for the team: sweat suits, shirts, and it will be very good for us at least now we can travel as a team and look quite neat when we travel and this is something we have always liked to do and Scotia Bank is contributing this time to make that happen."

Patrick Andrews, Manager Scotia Bank

"We felt that the Belize selection or Belize as a whole needed the support from the business community and ourselves as a Canadian based bank we wanted to more or less step up to the plate and assist the Belize selection in facing the Canadian selection. Canada and Scotia Bank are one and so we wanted Belize to jump in also."

So I just have to ask who will Scotia Bank be rooting for since you guys are from Canada?

Patrick Andrews,

"No, no, no, our parent company is Canadian but we are all Belizeans so we will be rooting for Belize all the way and we will come back with something - you watch it."

Our national football team leaves for Canada on June 10th. Their first game will be June 13th.

This 28.8K connection will be the death of me. And what's the deal with this hotel charging by the minute for local calls after TWENTY minutes?? And how come our game isn't covered on livescore.com... Can't check with my cell phone.

This is a pretty decent wheat beer. Had it last summer and was impressed. I just wish they wouldn't call those wheat/barley combinations like Amsterdam (at least that's what I think they are) wheat beers. At least when they call it "weiss" you know what you're getting.

Also a big fan of Hacker Pschorr. Went to the wheat beer tasting at C'est What last year, and that came first in my books as well as taking overall first place. Denison's a very close second.

Archived