dave simpson hamilton thunder CPSL

yeah i finally became a part of the forum just to clear up a couple of things.

number one- this whole thing about me being in hungary is false.I was there and I made them team UEFA cup Team Debrecen i made the team but hamilton still has rights to me. No hungarian team will pay what they want.he also wont release me even though he won't pay me what's mine..

2. i missed the U20 world cup because I was promised to be in portugal by mid season. The coach thought i would be there too, but coming on to the world cup he worried about my fitness."Can't just jump from CPSL to World class" he said. And he was right!

3. i have scored more than what the canadian site says. here r some things they are missing.

goals against turkey, and shalke in germany

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=229

Me playing pro in belgium for Royal Antwerp(man U farm Team)

http://www.ploegvantstad.be/ar_hot_0102.htm

me playing for stutgart (under 18-19)

So if u think i wanted to be in hamilton for two years. u must be kidding . i love the fans but my life is my life. And what they want (for someone they never helped develope) is crazy. hoping to make a buck. The contract is void,i won't be there this year, so don't look for me .

I tried speaking to the every man of women of power in the CPSL, The all agreed I should be released due to contract issues ( Not being paid) seems they really can't do much. Everyone agreed that i should be released, but the President ( who works for free) just said "No!. so maybe someone got to him. but trust me just as im saying it, thats what is hapening. just as absurb as it sounds. this is the most frustrating thing that has ever happened in my soccer career,I can't even train and I can't belive it;s happening in my country.

If anyone knows where i cant get the story out. hamilton or anywhere just pass me the link. thanks

yeah i kno. its tough. he won't even return calls from clubs with offers for me. this is the part off the that nobody hears about. im supposed to be playing for at least th t linx, and the coached offered to give up the 10 thousand he owes for me. and he still wooulnd not do it. canada needs to protect their key players. its sad that they don't care too much.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Dave, thanx for coming-out so honest with the fans. I hope things really work-out for you. I will keep my fingers cross that you managed to get-out of this jam. Then again, Italo Ferrari is an idiot.

That's dissapointing to hear, Dave. The Lynx look like they need some help.

Maybe we can rally the "f.ucking soccer mafia" and settle this the old fashion way.

We can run over the Ferrari guy...with a McLaren!

Where's the Hamilton Thunder Ultras or whatever they are called. They should be putting some serious pressure on the club to release this player.

People slag the Lynx and their ownership but the thunder and their crap ownership should be disowned. This club will never make it to the Eh-League.

Now, see this is the part I'm always puzzled about.

If a club owes a player unpaid wages(of any sort), and no agreement has been struck to allow for the eventual payment of funds in question to owing player, how is it a club can retain this player's rights?

To me this isn't a club ownership issue. To me this is a governance issue. And since the CSA is the football governing body in this particular part of the world, I'm of the opinion that the CSA has a responsability for these sort of cases to dictate guide lines. Especially if the CPSL won't. In our football feudal system the buck maybe passes through a few hands before it reachs the CSA, but there it stops.

If a player has this sort of complaint they should be able to bring it before the CSA and if merited, have the complaint addressed in as quickly a manner as possible. As everyone knows, footballer's career and development opportunities are very time sensative. There isn't ANY time to prick about.

This is far from the 1st time we've heard compaints about CPSL clubs withholding player's wages and release. To me that's complete rubbish.

If you realy think player X has some value on the market, pay your fu'king bills deadbeat and protect your resale rights to player X. Otherwise just pretend that back pay was used by player X to buy his freedom.

Of course, it comes down to the CSA to help sort this out wouldn't you think??? They have to deal with all such transfers. Where are they in this mess??

I tried speaking to the every man of women of poer in the CPSL, seems they really can't do much. Everyone agreed that i should be released, but the President ( who works for free) just said "No!. so maybe someone got to him. but trust me just as im saying it, thats what is hapening. just as absurb as it sounds. this is the most frustrating thing that has ever happened in my soccer career,I can't even train and I can't belive it;s happening in my country.

If anyone knows where i cant get the story out. hamilton or anywhere just pass me the link. thanks

quote:Originally posted by daveanthonysimpson

I tried speaking to the every man of women of poer in the CPSL, seems they really can't do much. Everyone agreed that i should be released, but the President ( who works for free) just said "No!. so maybe someone got to him. but trust me just as im saying it, thats what is hapening. just as absurb as it sounds. this is the most frustrating thing that has ever happened in my soccer career,I can't even train and I can't belive it;s happening in my country.

Call the CSA. Tell them your situation and mention that others have faced a similar situation before. Find out what they have to say about it.

As for the media: The Hamilton Spectator has run Thunder stories in the past. Find out the name of their sports editor and ask him if he would be interested in your story. Josh Brown is the journalist who has written special Thunder stories for the Spectator. Maybe you could ask about him as well. If you can tell the paper that you have talked to the CSA they might be more interested in your story no matter whether CSA has agreed to help you or not.

Best of luck not only for you, Mr. Simpson but for all the players who are not being released (and not being paid) by their CPSL clubs.

Dave,

This may be of help. I found a link to a contact page for the Hamilton Spectator

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=hamilton/Render&c=Page&cid=1019493683263#sp

scroll down the page, you will find a bunch of contacts, here are just a few;

SPORTS

Fax Number: 905-526-3510

Denis Leblanc, Sports Editor - 905-526-2443 or email dleblanc@thespec.com

Wade Hemsworth - 905-526-3254 or email whemsworth@thespec.com

John Kernaghan, Sports Reporter - 905-526-3422 or email jkernaghan@thespec.com

Garry McKay, Sports Reporter - 905-526-3242 or email gmckay@thespec.com

Steve Milton, Sports Columnist - 905-526-3268 or email smilton@thespec.com

Paul O'Brien, Assistant Sports Editor - 905-526-3420 or email pobrien@thespec.com

Ken Peters, Reporter - 905-526-2442 or email kpeters@thespec.com

Scott Radley, Reporter - 905-526-2440 or email sradley@thespec.com

Kathi Aitken, Sports Assistant - 905-526-3259 or email kaitken@thespec.com

Hopefully this could help

Also,

The soccer columnist for Sportsnet is Ben Knight, he is a member here

(Voyageurs).

Click on 'members' then search for 'ben knight' you could send him an e-mail, maybe that could be another avenue.

Massimo

This sounds like it could be referred to the city crime editor as well as the sports editor...

Get a lawyer Dave. You should be able to get your contract voided so you can play elsewhere. If you can't afford a private lawyer, try the Hamilton Legal Aid clinic:

http://www.hamiltonlegalclinics.ca

Another option might be to pool resources with some your other teammates who've been screwed and hire a lawyer together.

Archived