Some Julian Uccello tidbits and photos

DJT

Sorry for being late on this. The following was sent to me by Alberto last week...

I saw the team play two match games this past week [March 6-12] and Julian looks in good form as he started for the Junior Squad of AC Milan in one and the other in the second half sub, I understand from him that he is signed 2006 with the Milan Junior Squad and from what it is told to me looks very promising youngster. The stats on him right now is that he has scroed 3 goals in 169 minutes of play and is building a reputation of a a very strong outside left and Center striker. He returned from a Portugal tournament which they won the final defeating FC Porto 2 -0.

And today [March 13] they are away in a critical game against Cremonese which i be watching for the first place in the league. They are then heading of to a wednesday [March 17] match in Mantova and then flying to Tokyo for a National tournament against the national team and other for 10 days stay in Tokyo that well generate many specators to watch these teams play. I heard last year from the invitation over 20000 person watch the final. He is very exicited about this trip as he was about portugal.

uccello1.jpg

uccello2.jpg

uccello3.jpg

uccello4.jpg

Who said he wasn't good enough?

He was not on our U17 team from last year, but lets see if he makes our U20s next year.

He'll have some competition at forward - Cam Wilson, Jeremy Shepherd, Dylan Hughes, Andrea Lombardo and, hopefully, Jonathon DeGuzman.

I would think he's probably too young for the next U20 side but for the one after that he should make it (although he would have competition from Lombardo, Gomez, Peters, etc.)

On the next U-20 side, you have Dylan Hughes, Jeremy Shepherd and Frank Lali (who are all playing in Europe) plus Cam Wilson from the last U-17s.

I thought Uccello was an 86, which would make him ineligible for the 2007 U20s, but Lombardo, as an an 87 would be eligible.

Forgot about Lalli, but I thought he was a midfielder. Gomez, who I believe is an 88, is probably too young for 2005, but would be huge for our next U17s in 2005 and U20s in 2007.

Just speculation at this point, but our next U20s should be pretty good when you add a strong 85 class to our previous U17 roster (plus David Edgar & DeGuzman)

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

and this kid isn't good enough for our youth nats why?

Players at this age develop at different rates. So the fact that he did not make it at 16 does not mean he won't make it at 20. Or even make it at the WC age. Cam Wilson was good at this age but we have not heard about him since. By the way, anyone knows if he is with a pro Club ??? The most important thing is for Julian to make it at the professional level and get experience there. Canada youth program is seriously underfunded :(, so the exposure for players is limited, so the more players are with serious clubs is the better for the WC program. Look at Dale Mitchells next group they have not had internationals games in a year. Neither has Steve Harts group or any of the boys groups. What concerns me about this report is that Julian has only played 169 minutes all year that is less than two game.

Report from Fukuoka Japan the Milan juniors arrived after a grueling 17 hour flight from Milan arriving Fukuoka, Japan and greeted by many spectators on their arrival. Staying at the Global Arena Complex for their training and match games starting on Wednesday. They had their first practice and preparing for the Sanix Cup opener tomorrow evening against the national teams from all over, on absolutely amazing grounds. I will keep this forum up to date on activities and agenda on games.

quote:Obsever>>>

Players at this age develop at different rates. So the fact that he did not make it at 16 does not mean he won't make it at 20. Or even make it at the WC age. Cam Wilson was good at this age but we have not heard about him since. By the way, anyone knows if he is with a pro Club ??? The most important thing is for Julian to make it at the professional level and get experience there. Canada youth program is seriously underfunded :(, so the exposure for players is limited, so the more players are with serious clubs is the better for the WC program. Look at Dale Mitchells next group they have not had internationals games in a year. Neither has Steve Harts group or any of the boys groups. What concerns me about this report is that Julian has only played 169 minutes all year that is less than two game.

There are a lot of factors regarding Julian’s playing time, however you must understand that in Europe patience is more important than actual playing time. His time will come as indicated in previous post however one must understand that are many factors in development of a player one must have the right mental preparation, and attuditude, and the tuff and grind to obtain a starting role, most of these players are older and some have been there for many years. They understand the system in which they must work which does not come easy to a foreigner who also must change his lifestyle as well giving up his friends, family etc aside just to be there. The ideal situation for Julian as this point is to learn more get stronger and get the job done when called upon and having fun at it, according to the lineups Julian has been playing in almost every game as a sub in the second half, any where between 10 to 20 minutes/per game and is there just 7 months which is a good indication that he is wanted were as some has not even seen the fields yet. He has by far achieved many goals that and more now he must wait for his turn and be noticed for his hard work, ethics , attuditude after all he has till 2006 to show what he has if anything and that has yet to be determined from a point of view of his young age. By the way the glove thing is just to keep warm many use them now at this time it is cold I froze my buns off there with many coats on and it was 6+ degrees. fells like -20 here humidity is terrible it goes right in your bones

quote:Canada youth program is seriously underfunded :(, so the exposure for players is limited, so the more players are with serious clubs is the better for the WC program. Look at Dale Mitchells next group they have not had internationals games in a year. Neither has Steve Harts group or any of the boys groups.

While you are correct in saying the youth programs are underfunded, you are incorrect in saying the Youth teams have not played in over a year...the 85s played the Czechs and Austria last year in May while the 88s were in Germany in September and held a training camp in Vancouver in February...

quote:Originally posted by backstick

While you are correct in saying the youth programs are underfunded, you are incorrect in saying the Youth teams have not played in over a year...the 85s played the Czechs and Austria last year in May while the 88s were in Germany in September and held a training camp in Vancouver in February...

I did say play International games.

Ok give me two months and it wouid be a year for Dale Mitchell's group. While the 88's did not play International games in Germany or Vancouva. I may be wrong on this but the CSA website shows no International games. So my point is both these teams have not been given experience playing at an International level in quite a while. Playing Burnaby United or Delt will not make up for that. I was on the UEFA site and the US and their teams are playing constantly. They even have their 1989 and 90's teams formed. Regardless of what you think 6 months and 9 months without competitive games is below even recreation standards.

quote:Originally posted by backstick

I did say play International games.

Ok give me two months and it wouid be a year for Dale Mitchell's group. While the 88's did not play International games in Germany or Vancouva. I may be wrong on this but the CSA website shows no International games. So my point is both these teams have not been given experience playing at an International level in quite a while. Playing Burnaby United or Delt will not make up for that. I was on the UEFA site and the US and their teams are playing constantly. They even have their 1989 and 90's teams formed. Regardless of what you think 6 months and 9 months without competitive games is below even recreation standards.

Bottom line is that whatever Team Canada it is, they historically don't test new talent.

Why else is Dasovic playing in friendlies? Why else is de Guzman, rarely part of the team?

How many games has Hirschfield played this year?

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Bottom line is that whatever Team Canada it is, they historically don't test new talent.

Why else is Dasovic playing in friendlies? Why else is de Guzman, rarely part of the team?

How many games has Hirschfield played this year?

Not sure if I agree with that statement. DeGuzman from what I understand made a request not to be called upon for the GC as he was attempting to establish himself with his team. Hirchfield is not really playing that much, so at a senior level this may be true. But how many games has the senior squad played this year???

As for exposure if you look at the website Mitchell and Hart gave several players exposure over the time with their respective teams. Look on the website and check for yourself. With the limited games they had I think they did their best under the circumstances. i checked the archives, I think the U17 squad had maybe 5 games between August 2002 and March 2003 (the qualifying games in BC) of which only two (against Jamaica) were International games.

I see what you are getting at though. It sucks :(

Fukuoka Japan from a colleague of mine I understand that the AC Juniors have advanced to the next round playing on Saturday a National team of Korea or Japan pending a result, Today. The Juniores won 2 and lost 1 in the prelimenary rounds winning 1- 0 3-1 and losing 1-0. All these games are telivised apartently on NBC channel 7 in FUKUOKA, Japan. I am going to see if i can find a streamline for it. I will keep you posted on progress.

Last night I saw Steve Hart at some soccer training. I asked him about Julian. He said he has some very good qualities and good potential. More importantly he is in the right set up at a crucial age. This should aid his progress more than the players who are not as fortunate. He also said it would be a dream if more young players could get this type of experience on an extended basis, but FIFA ruleing actually hurts Canadian players.

I understand that the Juniores finshed 4 fourth in the group 20 teams or so. And apparently was a success for many soccer players getting world wide experiences agaisnt first class teams in front many specators and national teams like China Korea Japan and other from afar in fukukoa apparently a obsulotly a amasing place, both crowds and fields. They are on retun trip to Milan and hopefully ready for the final run of the Berretti league with 6 games remaining in the league. I will be in Milan in a few days and find out how things went for the Juniores and Julian as well hopeful they will have some pics to send this forum. But first I will be Atalanta to watch the next match game at home... maybe catch with the kid from toronto Lomardo see how he is doing at the Atalanta youth team is he a 87 86 or 88 does nay one know...thanks sure would like to see him.

anyways here is the web site if you understand Japanese sorry cannnot translate it was give to me today...

http://www.g-arena.com/

Archived