Canadians winning league championships

ditty

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

And he is. Brand him a traitor, brand him a whore, but in this country, one does not lose ones citizenship by virtue of playing football for another country.

The question didn't specify whether it was referring to Canadian citizens or Canadian soccer players - I had assumed it was the latter. OH may be a Canadian citizen but he is not a Canadian soccer player by any meaningful definition.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

And he is. Brand him a traitor, brand him a whore, but in this country, one does not lose ones citizenship by virtue of playing football for another country.

Yes, but he "feels" so much more English--why deny him his virtual English citizenship? That's not very Canadian of you. Set him free.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by amacpher

The Bundesliga race is far from over though. The Bayern-Werder game two weeks before the end of the season promises to be huge!

I agree. With Bayern out of Champions and the Cup they can concentrate on league. And they are wily, are influential with the league powers, and have the press behind to play the psychological games. Ailton is leaving at the end of the season for Werder, and is supposedly pissed off about them giving Klose more money for coming in. So a bit of bad blood creeping in? Let's hope Bremen can fend off the pressure, keep winning at home at least, and that they can take it. But it is far from over yet.

Bremen are now 9 points clear with Bayern blowing a 2-0 halftime and having to score a late equalizer for a 3-3 draw at home with Hansa Rostock.

I agree that there is plenty of season left for Bayern to make up ground. They have had som many improbable last day championships in the past few years that I don't think alot of Bundesliga are betting against them.

And yes, I was referring to Canadian internationals. I had completely forgotten about Randy Samuel. He must have played in the European Cup if he was a league winner at PSV.

Archived