New Canucks in MLS Updates

Gian-Luca

It's still not definitive, but going by the message boards on bigsoccer of the respective teams it looks as though Pusek will be the only one of the four not to be retained. Every post I've seen by a Rapids fan indicates that they expect Cann to be a part of the roster, Occean is having a great camp and is doing well enough to both be suggested by some as "this year's Damani Ralph" as well as having at least one moron suggest that he should be cut simply because he is Canadian and it isn't the job of the MLS to develop superstars for foreign countries. (I wouldn't read too much into that one post, rightfully being dismissed by many others on the boards, I just thought it was amusing).

As for Brillant Jr., I haven't been able to find as much info about him, but a recent post on the Revs board indicates that his is expected to sign with the club as a developmental player.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

It's still not definitive, but going by the message boards on bigsoccer of the respective teams it looks as though Pusek will be the only one of the four not to be retained. Every post I've seen by a Rapids fan indicates that they expect Cann to be a part of the roster, Occean is having a great camp and is doing well enough to both be suggested by some as "this year's Damani Ralph" as well as having at least one moron suggest that he should be cut simply because he is Canadian and it isn't the job of the MLS to develop superstars for foreign countries. (I wouldn't read too much into that one post, rightfully being dismissed by many others on the boards, I just thought it was amusing).

As for Brillant Jr., I haven't been able to find as much info about him, but a recent post on the Revs board indicates that his is expected to sign with the club as a developmental player.

Do you have any Idea what this all means with respect to playing time and development? Three out of four sounds extremely encouraging but at the same time I do recall that year when Ali Ngon made the Miami Fusion Fusion roster yet, I don't think that he ever dressed for the squad all year. On the other hand, players like DeRo stayed on. What have you been hearing?

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I saw that post, very funny I thought........and very stupid.

Very good news for Occean, I just don't understand why he wasn't on our U-23 squad???

CSA site indicates that Occean was capped in a U23 friendly in 2002. Odd that he didn't make the cut for OQ.

Perhaps he has improved significantly of late (that would be good).

Perhaps Twamley had something against him (irrelevant now that BT is gone).

Perhaps Occean is not interested in playing for Canada, or has some other nationality he hopes to be capped by? (would obviously be very bad for us).

Does anyone have any info on this guy?

quote:Originally posted by Dave

CSA site indicates that Occean was capped in a U23 friendly in 2002. Odd that he didn't make the cut for OQ.

Perhaps he has improved significantly of late (that would be good).

Perhaps Twamley had something against him (irrelevant now that BT is gone).

Perhaps Occean is not interested in playing for Canada, or has some other nationality he hopes to be capped by? (would obviously be very bad for us).

Does anyone have any info on this guy?

I'd like to know why you think Twamley is gone.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Do you have any Idea what this all means with respect to playing time and development? Three out of four sounds extremely encouraging but at the same time I do recall that year when Ali Ngon made the Miami Fusion Fusion roster yet, I don't think that he ever dressed for the squad all year. On the other hand, players like DeRo stayed on. What have you been hearing?

Difficult for me to say. I am only going by what others are posting on the boards for the respective teams. It sounds like Cann & Occean are more likely to get significant playing time than Brillant Jr. just by the amount of discussion about the former two, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be first-choice starters in the first MLS season.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Failing twice in a row, most recently in a massively pathetic manner? Coaches need results and he hasn't had any. He won't be there for OQ in 2008.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

I think Twamley was quoted prior to this last round of OQ saying that he would be moving on regardless of outcome.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

If Occean is going to become a significant player, can someone please clarify the pronunciation of his name?

In french it sounds the pronunciation sounds like an Ocean, like the Pacific Ocean.

I played against him a couple of times, and I thought he was a very good player for FC Sélect Rive-Sud and College Saint-Lambert, he's extremely quick and has a good body (very physical player). Only negative point I remeber about him is that he was always involve in tras talking with oposite players and coaches(but he was 17 or 18 yrs old at that time).

quote:Originally posted by WildboutCdnScr

If Occean played at U-23 that would make him cap-tied, correct?

Only if he played in an official match (ie. Olympic qualifying or finals), which he didn't.

Archived