Brennan's been to the barber!

Between Bircham, Brennan and Hume our MNT should sport an interesting look.

Brennan in fashion after late strike

Nigel Worthington was impressed with Jim Brennan's goal against Coventry and claimed his outlandish new hairstyle was a source of amusement.

Brennan fired home five minutes from time with his maiden league goal for the club to secure a 2-0 win for the Canaries - their first victory at Highfield Road since 1980.

Worthington said: "It's a mess. They tell me it's fashion. It adds to the banter in the dressing room and Jim can carry it off."

Guest Can. in UK

Fans are so inspiring - Brennan

RICK WAGHORN

HAIRDRESSERS across the city are in for a good year.

Hard on the heels of a "Huck cut", Saturday's 2-0 win at Coventry produced another option for City supporters wondering what to do next hair-wise – the "Brennan bleach" perhaps, an off-centre blond streak now sported by Norwich's 85th minute goal hero, Jim Brennan.

And given the Canadian international's growing rapport with the Canary faithful, it could give the Darren Huckerby look a real run for its money.

"We owe to them, the fans, to get promoted," said Brennan, as he paid tribute to the 3,000-strong Yellow and Green Army that witnessed City's first success at Highfield Road for 24 years.

"Right now there's a great buzz around the football club and around the city, everyone's together and it's fantastic," added Brennan, whose first league goal in Norwich colours capped another excellent away win for the table-topping Canaries – a victory set in motion by Gary Holt's first goal in over two years.

Both strikes owed much to Huckerby's vision and pace as the Canary striker regularly ripped a hapless Andrew Whing to pieces on the right-hand side of the Sky Blues' defence.

"Usually I get a nosebleed when I go that far up the park," said Holt afterwards, whose performance – and that of Canary centre-half Malky Mackay – made a mockery of Berti Vogts' decision on Thursday to yet again overlook them for Scotland international duty.

"Getting into the box is something I try to do regularly, but I don't normally find myself in the right place at the right time.

"Thankfully Damien Francis' shot dropped to me and I managed to just stick it away." As for the Brennan-look, Holt appeared in no hurry to follow suit.

"As Jim's Canadian, we normally let him have a bit of leeway with his hair and clothes, but not this time.

"He looks like something out The Gremlins. But the boy can strike a ball like you wouldn't believe."

Likewise, City boss Nigel Worthington was sticking firmly to his grey locks – more impressed by the Canadian's glorious left-foot drive than his taste in hair-styles.

"They tell me it's fashion," said Worthington, with the Canaries maintaining their five point advantage at the top thanks to Saturday's excellent result.

"But it adds to the banter in the dressing room and Jim can carry it off," added the Canary boss. "Good players should get noticed by what they do on the pitch and he has done that today. He's got a big left foot and he certainly tanked it."

quote:Originally posted by matthew

If you don't be nice to me Cheetah I won't show you the picture of the mohawk I had during Olympic qualifying.

Eh?

Can this be true? The Big Man in a mohawk? Goatee and black framed rinestone eyeglasses included?

Lemme see lemme see lemme see lemme see lemme see lemme see!!!!

Leeet meeee seee!!!!

Did you dye it? Just between us. Did yah?

Oy! Now who's not being nice!

Archived