Sportsnet's Songs

SeanKeay

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Ok, does anyone else think those new opening songs for Sportsnets Soccer are REAAAAALY Horrible? That voice is sooo bad, it makes the whole show look like it was produced on Rogers Cable.

Well, taste is one thing, but they clearly do not realize the symbolic importance of the songs they select for sure. Before the Germany game in Women's World Cup the were playing Le Mort D'Arthur which combined with the the German Television coverage playing inevitably playing Wagner - probably Ride of Valkeries - basically prdcited the loss before it occured. Of course rampaging Valkeries are going to come out of the contest better than a doomed king. Geez guys (Sportsnet) why don't you just tie a piano to their asses.

Multiple :D

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Ok, does anyone else think those new opening songs for Sportsnets Soccer are REAAAAALY Horrible? That voice is sooo bad, it makes the whole show look like it was produced on Rogers Cable.

But I love that song for the EPL commercials !!!! I hope that that is not the musical score that you are alluding to. I rate it second only to the musical score at the start of HBO boxing on TSN ( even though I don't really follow boxing).

Monday night football music is over rated IMO. I never thought much of it even though many go out off their way not to miss it.

I think he is referring to the cover version of Boston's "Don't Look Back" (with changed lyrics) that was done by Sportsnet for the start of the Canada-Finland telecast, and I'm not sure I could even place the song they were trying to do for Canada-Ireland (but whatever it was, it was also changed to Canada-Ireland specific lyrics).

Now, if they could do a cover of Kiss's "Lick it up" and change it to "Kick it Up!" the way we do at Lynx matches.......

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Well, taste is one thing, but they clearly do not realize the symbolic importance of the songs they select for sure. Before the Germany game in Women's World Cup the were playing Le Mort D'Arthur which combined with the the German Television coverage playing inevitably playing Wagner - probably Ride of Valkeries - basically prdcited the loss before it occured. Of course rampaging Valkeries are going to come out of the contest better than a doomed king. Geez guys (Sportsnet) why don't you just tie a piano to their asses.

Multiple :D

A wind instrument would be better than a piano ;)

Archived