Canucks in Europe Nov 1-2 (Tromso releg fight)

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

Canuck action in Europe for this weekend.

Kevin Harmse's Tromso is miraculously saved from relegation in Norway in the last minute of the season. Tromso needed to beat champs Rosenborg away to ensure at least a playoff spot, as rivals Molde (2-3 over Sogndal, with Reda subbed out at the half) and Aalesund (2-0 over Byrne) won their respective matches.

After a scoreless draw for 90 minutes, which left them in 2nd tier, Tromso scored a goal that not only saves them from direct relegation but lets them avoid the playoff spot. The Norweigan ticker is eloquent:

0-1 90 Roar Christensen header i mål. Tromsø-spillerne går bananas.

0-1 90 Roar Christensen heads and scores. The Tromso players go bananas.

Norway 2nd division also played today with Patrice Bernier scoring in a losing cause for Moss (fell 2-1).

England

Everton is home to Chelsea in a good match, while Spurs receive Bolton, both today.

In Division 1 Wigan is beating Crystal Palace 5-0 second half, without de Vos, others are Walsall-Norwich not sure if Brennan is healthy, and Sheff Utd away to Stoke City.

In Div 2 Bent's Plymouth receives Oldham, QPR is away to Stockport, Wycombe with revived international Rogers a question mark, away to Swindon, Tranmere with Hume hosts Bournemout.

In Div 3 Bury host Yeovil, wonder if Dunfield will play.

In Germany today de Guzman's Hannover is away to Koln and Stalteri's Bremen hosts Eintracht Frankfurt, while in Bundes. 2 Regensburg with Nsaliwa hosts Osnabruck tomorrow.

No match for Richard Hastings' team MVV in Holland this weekend.

In Belgium La Louvière hopes to continue their good run away to Cercle Bruges tomorrow.

Benfica also hosts Aguiar's former club Beira Mar tomorrow.

In Scotland Hibs with Fenwick doubtful is away to FC Dundee and Hearts host Livi. In Div 1 Falkirk, Xausa's team, away to Inverness, and Div 2 Greenock Morton fights to stay top away to Airdrie.

In Austria Rapid Vienna hosts Mattersburg as they seek to stay well up on the pack in the league.

St. Gallen, Imhof's team, is away to Grasshoppers tomorrow.

Radzinski played 65 minutes for Everton, who lost 1-0 to Chelsea. Radzinski missed on a couple of good chances, but by reports seem to be the only Everton player to have any.

Wigan won 5-0 (with De Vos not back yet) against Crystal Palace to move into first place again. Norwich won 3-1 without Brennan - what was supposed to be a slight thigh injury for him has stretched into several months.

Watford won 1-0, but Godfrey still seems to be in the reserves at the moment.

In the English 2nd Division, Bent started for Plymouth & presumably went 90 as they drew with Oldham 2-2 to remain atop the division. 3 players were sent off in this match, but the level-headed Bent wasn't one of them.

Hume played 90 for Tranmere who tied Bournmouth 1-1. Rogers was not even dressed for Wycombe who lost to Swindon 2-0 & are dead last in the English 2nd Division. Yet we are calling him up rather than taking a look at Marco Reda.

Dunfield was on the subs bench for Bury, not sure if he came off the bench or not.

In Scotland, Fenwick did not dress for Hibernian against Dundee (who apparently have Fabrizio Ravanelli starting for them!). Neither Fenwick, Rogers or Watson are looking like great "in-form" options to be calling for the November friendlies at this juncture.

However, Kevin McKenna is, as he played 90 for Hearts in the back four in a 3-1 over Livingston. Hearts remain the 3rd best team in Scotland after you-know-who, just 6 points (for the moment) behind Rangers.

Xausa played 90 for Falkirk in a 2-1 over Caley Thistle.

Guest Jeffery S.

In the end Klukowski did not play for La Louvière as they lost to Club Bruges (not FC Bruges) 2-1 away. The team is still upper mid table.

Fernando Aguiar did not play, and maybe he should have, as Benfica lost at home to Fernando's former team Beira Mar, 1-2.

Daniel Imhof was subbed out it seems in m. 35 for Sankt Gallen as they fell to Grasshoppers 5-2. Injury or perhaps a tactical thing as they were getting wiped, not sure.

Ante Jazic played 90 as Rapid beat Mattersburg 3-1 and stay on top in Austria. Both Jazic and Imhof are nearing the winter break with just a couple games left.

In Germany Nsaliwa played 90 for Jahn as they beat Osnabruck 1-0 and stay above relegation zone in 2nd Bundesliga.

Kicker ratings for the German contingent for this past weeks matches:

Stalteri: 3

Nsaliwa: 3.5

De Guzman: 4

All of those ratings were around the middle of the pack for their respective teams.

I think the ratings for from 1 (best) to 6 or 7. I'm sure Ed will correct me if I'm wrong.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

In Scotland, Fenwick did not dress for Hibernian against Dundee (who apparently have Fabrizio Ravanelli starting for them!). Neither Fenwick, Rogers or Watson are looking like great "in-form" options to be calling for the November friendlies at this juncture.

However, Kevin McKenna is, as he played 90 for Hearts in the back four in a 3-1 over Livingston. Hearts remain the 3rd best team in Scotland after you-know-who, just 6 points (for the moment) behind Rangers.

Xausa played 90 for Falkirk in a 2-1 over Caley Thistle.

In addition Emilio Bottiglieri played 90 mins in Morton's 6-1 whuppin of Airdrie in Scotland Div. II

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Kicker ratings for the German contingent for this past weeks matches:

Stalteri: 3

Nsaliwa: 3.5

De Guzman: 4

All of those ratings were around the middle of the pack for their respective teams.

I think the ratings for from 1 (best) to 6 or 7. I'm sure Ed will correct me if I'm wrong.

And here I am :). Actually the rankings go from 1 (top) to 6 (bottom). Julian de Guzman is doing very well; his average ranking through 11 games puts him in 21st place overall amongst Bundesliga midfielders. The top midfielder is Fabian Ernst, with a ranking of 2.50. Julian has an average of 3.40, just behind Michael Ballack at 3.39. Note that Hargreaves is at 3.25, but has only 6 games. Stalteri is at 3.68 (44th place).

Archived