Kenny Stamatopolous in Sweden

Luis_Rancagua

According to Soccer-Central this morning, Swedish club Enkoping may be selling Kenny Stamatopolous to a top Swedish Premier club once the Swedish season is over by next week. Unfortunately Enkoping is getting relegated to Division-1. During the summer, Kenny was signed by Enkoping for the remainder of the 2003 season. It is believed that top-Swedish clubs of the Premiership are expressing major interest for Kenny's service. Perhaps from here, Kenny could obtain an extended contract of about 3-4 years. Let's hope he makes it, even though Kenny prefers to remain at Enkoping. Kenny has admitted that he has enormously falling in love with Enkoping, and that Enkoping has been a wonderful experience in his whole entire professional career.

quote:Originally posted by naMessiah

Hey.

What's the URL for Soccer-Central? This info haven't been written in Sweden (or at least not in Enköping).

Sounds wonderful that he have fallen in love with Enköping and wants to remain here. Our best player since he arrived! :D

Hello,

This was actually a television interview with Kenny which was televised all across Canada yesterday. Unfortunately Soccer-Central does not post its television interviews on the Internet.

About Kenny, he is perhaps the most dedicated and loyal player that Enköping has ever had this year. He has admitted that for him leaving Enköping for a much higher club in Sweden will bring enormous sadness to his heart. He has really fallen in love with Enköping that he really doesn't want to leave. Nevertheless, it does appear that Kenny will be sold to a top Swedish club whether he likes it or not. Then again, for him leaving Enköping will be a great boost for the Canadian National team.

Too bad. Is it ok if I post your ehm post in our forum?

If I don't remember it all wrong, he signed a 1 year contract with ESK in june/july so we might have him in the beginning of the next season.

And what exactly could Kenny love with Enköping? He lives next to me - in one of the ugliest and worst parts of town. And it's really boring here. And there's 37.000 ppl living here, and he's from Toronto. Hmmm... must be the swedish women ;)

If I don't remember it all wrong, he signed a 1 year contract with ESK in june/july so we might have him in the beginning of the next season.

And what exactly could Kenny love with Enköping? He lives next to me - in one of the ugliest and worst parts of town. And it's really boring here. And there's 37.000 ppl living here, and he's from Toronto. Hmmm... must be the swedish women ;)

It must be the swedish women. I've been in Toronto 3 times and I don't think I saw a beautifull women once. Sorry about that ;)

Kenny loves his home and the city of Enkoping. In Canada he comes from a place called Markham which is the same distance to Toronto as Enkoping is from the capital city.

quote:Originally posted by stamo

Kenny loves his home and the city of Enkoping. In Canada he comes from a place called Markham which is the same distance to Toronto as Enkoping is from the capital city.

So by this statement I take it that Enkoping shares a border with the capital city of Sweden (the way Markham does with Toronto)?

Yes, the Swedish women are nice, and Sweden is not too disimilar from Canada, especially in the burbs--but the biggest reason he has fallen in love with Enkopping: it ain't Greece. Yes, Greece is gorgeous, boasts its own beautiful women, but Kenny grew up near Toronto, and no matter how Greek he is culturally, he is still a Nordic lad, a Canuck, and he would be naturally drawn to another Nordic country.

Plus, Swedish women are gorgeous. (All the best looking Torontonians have moved to BC, let me tell you. They all live in Kitsilano, baby.)

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Plus, Swedish women are gorgeous. (All the best looking Torontonians have moved to BC, let me tell you. They all live in Kitsilano, baby.)

I lived in Kitsilano (70-72) for two years when I was a young lad. Back then the area was hippieville then and IO spent two happy summers on the beach. I took the kids there the last time we were out in Vancouver and couldn't beleive how much the place has changed in 30 years. The house I lived in was one of only two remaining on my block (8th & Arbutus) these rest have been torn town for extraordinarily high priced condos. Can only think how well our Basque landlords did as they lived in the basement of the house we rented and gradually bought other property in the area. Must be millionaires now.

Players almost always say that they love the city they play in. It's a typical response. What else are they going to say, "I hate this city, it's ugly and the people are mean"? Even when they have some sort of problem they are usually quick to point out that they still like the city, the fans and the club on the whole.

When I talked too Kenny tonight I didn't get the feeling he's talkin bullsh**t when he sez he wants too stay with Enköpings SK. Hopefully DJT is wrong and we can keep Kenny for a while... :)

And Kenny laughed at the 'nordic lad'-part when I told him about it. :D

When I talked too Kenny tonight I didn't get the feeling he's talkin bullsh**t when he sez he wants too stay with Enköpings SK. Hopefully DJT is wrong and we can keep Kenny for a while... :)

And Kenny laughed at the 'nordic lad'-part when I told him about it. :D

Keeping Kenny in Enkoping will be based on the clubs plans for next year. I hope they are willing to keep and bring in players needed to once again go back up. I think as much as player loves a team or a city, they still have to do what's right for themselves. If Ekoping goes out of it's way to bring in a winning attitude, I can't see why Kenny would leave. But if the team doesn't, I'm not sure he should stay.

Archived