Transfer Fees for Canadians

eastcoaster

I was just wondering what were some of the Transfer Fees for our Canadian boys?

I think Radzinski had the highest, which I believe was in the 5 million range...I could be wrong.

I know Jazic's was over 1 million when he went to Rapid Vienna.

Others who would have had large ones...Pesch, DeVos, Brennan...others??

i was also wondering what percentage of the transfer fees do players get to keep. I remember reading and article about Jazic, and he said that he was financially secure due to his transfer. Is there a set percentage which goes to the players or is it something they negotiate.

quote:Originally posted by eastcoaster

I was just wondering what were some of the Transfer Fees for our Canadian boys?

I think Radzinski had the highest, which I believe was in the 5 million range...I could be wrong.

I know Jazic's was over 1 million when he went to Rapid Vienna.

Others who would have had large ones...Pesch, DeVos, Brennan...others??

i was also wondering what percentage of the transfer fees do players get to keep. I remember reading and article about Jazic, and he said that he was financially secure due to his transfer. Is there a set percentage which goes to the players or is it something they negotiate.

Intersting discussion. I do recall that Rad was the record transfer for a canadian player at the time. The figure that you quoted was probably in canadian dollars but I seem to recall seeing on soccer net that the value of his trasfer was 3-4 mil range but that waas likely US$.

This would be an interesting list to add to the voyageurs web page. problem is, digging up that info.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Intersting discussion. I do recall that Rad was the record transfer for a canadian player at the time. The figure that you quoted was probably in canadian dollars but I seem to recall seeing on soccer net that the value of his trasfer was 3-4 mil range but that waas likely US$.

This would be an interesting list to add to the voyageurs web page. problem is, digging up that info.

Rad transferred for 10M Canadian

I presume they do. Generally the mother club does receive revenue from a second transfer of one of their former players.

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Also wondering........ If Atiba is transferred to a larger club, as mentioned in Dandal's thread, do the Lynx get a piece of the transfer fee pie? Nicole are you out there?

Archived