Who is your favourite soccer player?

Soccer_player

Kelly played in the first women's game I ever saw. I'm pretty sure it was our last friendly before the Sweden World Cup. I believe we got hammered by the US. Anyway Kelly ran her butt off and I have a thing for hard-working midfielders (Hooper and Walsh).

She doesn't have a lot of caps, but I thought Kelly was part of the program for quite awhile back in our four matches/year if we're lucky era.

cheers,

matthew

Kelly played in the first women's game I ever saw. I'm pretty sure it was our last friendly before the Sweden World Cup. I believe we got hammered by the US. Anyway Kelly ran her butt off and I have a thing for hard-working midfielders (Hooper and Walsh).

She doesn't have a lot of caps, but I thought Kelly was part of the program for quite awhile back in our four matches/year if we're lucky era.

cheers,

matthew

I'll define favourite player as the player who is demonstrating what all coaches want from a player.

That is leadership by example.

What can be said when a player is re-postioned and knows that not only do they have to perform their new role, they seize upon opportunity to ensure their team's victory by scoring the only goal of the match.

That goal happens to be the biggest goal ever for Canada in the World Cup.

The messages that the other players in Canada's National Programs receive from CHARMAINE HOOPER are the most constructive kind of messages that any country could hope for BE IT MAN OR WOMAN.

A SOCCER PLAYER IS A SOCCER PLAYER.

Surprised how often the young Hume's name comes up. Hope it bodes well for the man's future.

Sadly, all my favorites are off the pitch these days. Use to realy love watching Gord Strachan. Tireless, creative. The man would run over every inch of the pitch every 10 minutes. I mean he covered a LOT of the field. And just chippy enough to match his temper.

The flaky Italian, Paulo DiCanio. Aces that guy. Looked better in the Hoops though.

Ian Rush, Gazza, and sorry but John Harkes was kinda fun to watch. Smashing balls from 30 yards on target or no. Think I'm dating myself here.

Current favorite has to be Celtic's Welshman Hartson. (Who's just scored after the restart to put Celtic up 1-nil at Ibrox!). Pure commitment, full of energy and not afraid to try and maybe miss at goal. Ugly as sin to-boot.

Fav. Canadian has to be Paul "Diesel" Stalteri these days. See Strachan reasonings. JDV's been pushed into 2nd place by Paul's play of late. De Guzman! There's the man to watch.

quote:Originally posted by nedvedfan

Myfavorite Canadian player has to be Paul staltieri.and also Ian Hume.

Favorite non Canadian well it is Delpiero and Franchesco Totti. The latter being a very underated performer.But if he were English you never here the end of him.;)[8D] Go Canada GO>

If he was English he wouldn't flop all over the pitch

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

The flaky Italian, Paulo DiCanio. Aces that guy. Looked better in the Hoops though.

Di Canio is still playing, at Charlton. He may have looked better in the Hoops, but of course he looked best in the biancoceleste!

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

If he was English he wouldn't flop all over the pitch

If he was English he'd be getting into trouble with the law off the pitch. [:0]

Totti is a dink. [xx(]

I'll go with youth and name Iain Hume as my favourite Canadian. It seems he has learned how to control his temper and it won't be long before Tranmere accepts that they will remain a 2nd division club and sell Hume up a division or two.

Portugal and Man U's very exciting Ronaldo is my pick for non- Canadian. Give him a bit of time and he will live up to his better known namesake.

Archived