Canada vs. Germany on the net?

An Observer

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

You can rule Korean TV oute... the self-absorbed prats are only airing matches from South Korea's group.

Well you could say about the same for Canadian TV or most any other country for that matter! If anything, S.Korea's coverage is one of the best in the world based on what you just wrote!! Lets not overestimate this event.

The Canadian Soccer Association has started to use a game tracker.

Although it is not the best it will give you the line-ups, goal scoring and some descrptions of key plays.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/score/scoreboard.asp

quote:

Originally posted by amacpher

.....Lets not overestimate this event.

What does this mean? The World Cup or the Germany vs Canada game?

quote:Originally posted by mtlfan

What does this mean? The World Cup or the Germany vs Canada game?

IT means the WWC is not that recognized globally. It's too much to expect the GER/CAN game to be broadcast to all corners of the globe. I'd be shocked if the game was even televised in Germany! Most die-hard soccer fans in Europe and South America don't even know that the WWC is about to start! Just being realistic here ...

Mature enough?

What's maturity got to do with it?

I don't blame them for not wanting to watch a tournament where one of the competition's favourites got thrashed 4-0 by an U-16 regional boys team.

We're all very excited about this, but sometimes I think we overestimate Women's soccer, and get just a little over-enthused.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Actually Germans are one of the more receptive countries when it comes to recognizing women's soccer. I would expect that the German games will be on TV in Germany.

Not exactly heavy coverage of the team at kicker.de, about the biggest fussball site in Germany. One story posted last Monday and a couple on the collapse of the WUSA.

so i guess FIFAWC is the best place to watch online.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/03/en/030919/1/88d.html

quote:The first round match schedule for the competition can be found HERE, where stadium info, player profiles, scores of previous encounters between the two sides and all the stats and facts you need are just a click away.

On matchdays, the team line-ups will be posted on the Philips MatchCast one hour before kick-off. Then, half an hour before the game gets underway, the FIFAworldcup.com journalists will spring into action, bringing you a description of the warm-up, the atmosphere in the stadium and all the team news.

The match then begins, and that’s when the keyboards will be really fuming, as our on-the-spot journalists bring you LIVE commentary of the match, move by move, with all the stats and virtually instantaneous match photos, direct from the stadium.

Every tackle, every pass, and naturally every goal will be described in the finest detail, so you miss none of the action.

Fan of a particular player? Click on her name for her match stats and career profile. Like the look of a particular move? Click on the photo to enlarge it. You've missed the start of the game? Just scroll back to find out what has been happening.

GO CANADA!!

Archived