Radz to Spain?

Joe05

Radzinski in his interview with Sportsnet last year did say that he would like to end his career in Southern France or Spain, so I wouldn't be surprised.

He is in an odd position too with Wayne Rooney dominating all the headlines while he just accomplishes as much if not more. So it might be better for him to go to another club at some point.

This would also probably be better for Canada, because with someone like Wayne Rooney in the line up, he is probably going to get a lot of hassle everytime he might leave to play for Canada.

i think it'd be great for canada if he left for la liga or la championatte. it'd mature him as a player and add more variety to the canuck game, and make it easier for canada to call him up for internationals as continental euro clubs are more apt to call up youth players in the absence of first teamers.

ps-radz did accomplish more than rooney. 16 goals to about 5 or 6 in the league last year. plus radz scored 2 for the national team. this year radz has....3 goals? where rooney has just 1 for everton.

quote:Originally posted by Reza

Radzinski in his interview with Sportsnet last year did say that he would like to end his career in Southern France or Spain, so I wouldn't be surprised.

He is in an odd position too with Wayne Rooney dominating all the headlines while he just accomplishes as much if not more. So it might be better for him to go to another club at some point.

This would also probably be better for Canada, because with someone like Wayne Rooney in the line up, he is probably going to get a lot of hassle everytime he might leave to play for Canada.

The competition Radz gets at Everton would be nothing compared to what he would get at Sociedad or Mallorca! ... But, yeah, Rooney does seem way overrated. I never really saw him do anything to be honest.

Overrated?

Top scorer for Everton last year and one of the best in the EPL even though he'd played with what, four different striking partners? And he dosen't take penaltys! Toffees were top six and looking forward to European competition but go into the tank towards season's end when Radz. goes down. And, Everton fans vote the man their most important player from last year by more than 2-1, everyone else combined (Next Coming Rooney included).

One thing I've never seen my man Toffee do though, and that's score a garbage goal. He's at, or near, or passed the 60 goals scored mark in top flight European football. Not too shabby.

Keep a weather eye open for the Finnish friendly, maybe we'll see Radz. do something yet.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Overrated?

Top scorer for Everton last year and one of the best in the EPL even though he'd played with what, four different striking partners? And he dosen't take penaltys! Toffees were top six and looking forward to European competition but go into the tank towards season's end when Radz. goes down. And, Everton fans vote the man their most important player from last year by more than 2-1, everyone else combined (Next Coming Rooney included).

One thing I've never seen my man Toffee do though, and that's score a garbage goal. He's at, or near, or passed the 60 goals scored mark in top flight European football. Not too shabby.

Keep a weather eye open for the Finnish friendly, maybe we'll see Radz. do something yet.

I think you missed something in amacpher's post. He said that Rooney is overrated, not Radzinski.

Whoaa.

Sorry, mate. Ran out of mix. Maybe I should start taking a little more water with my rye. Maybe I should start taking a lot more water with my rye.

But Rooney dose have the nack for realy nice goals. Acts like a bull in a china shop sometimes but the lad can't go 4-5 matchs without pulling up some sort of injury. Hope he grows out of it.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Whoaa.

Sorry, mate. Ran out of mix. Maybe I should start taking a little more water with my rye. Maybe I should start taking a lot more water with my rye.

Dude, maybe you better start taking some lithium with your rye. Except that the entertainment value of these rants is so high. Go Cheeta, rip 'em a new one! :)

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Now boys,Radz won´t be leaving for la liga. Why would he?

I think radz has 3 maybe 4 years still to give for everton. In the end of last season he was injured,so we had trouble in goal scoring ´cause we needed radz pace.Thats very important to Everton,Radz runs opponents defenders tired and that gives Rooney a massive chance to score.

Position where rooney plays for England,behind strikers, is maybe going to be used at Everton,so there won´t be any fear that rooney is taking radz place.

so come on,no la liga for radz![:o)]

quote:Originally posted by Observer

How can you people say Rooney is overated. Listen to yourselves! He is 17 and scoring goals in the Premier and Internationally. What more do you want? It just goes to show the mentality of people on this board.

It wasn't the "people" on this board that said he was overrated, it was just me. With all the talk surrounding this guy you would think he's the next Michael Owen. Sorry England.

quote:Originally posted by marcl_19

i don't think he is over rated. He was enlgand's best player on the pitch against macedonia last week... He was always making things happen. He even put in the winning marker. Not too bad eh?

Did you only watch the highlights of that game?? There is NO WAY he was England's best man on the pitch (that honour goes to Beckham)! In fact, he (and Owen too) were pretty invisible for most of the match aside from the tying</u>-goal he scored (which should have been stopped by the keeper, but the goalie forgot that he had a left arm apparently). Besides, it was Macedonia. Even if he got a hat-trick, so what? How about scoring on one of the many gift-wrapped opportunities the previous week against Liverpool!?

I don't keep too close an eye on Everton or England's national squad, but it seems to me Rooney impresses more in international, rather than club play.

I think this is probably because the Premiership in England probably has a higher standard of play than the international matches where Rooney seems to shine (e.g. Macedonia). Talk to me again if Rooney has a cracker of a match and scores a few against Germany or Italy.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Anti-Flipperpool

Now boys,Radz won´t be leaving for la liga. Why would he?

I think radz has 3 maybe 4 years still to give for everton. In the end of last season he was injured,so we had trouble in goal scoring ´cause we needed radz pace.Thats very important to Everton,Radz runs opponents defenders tired and that gives Rooney a massive chance to score.

Position where rooney plays for England,behind strikers, is maybe going to be used at Everton,so there won´t be any fear that rooney is taking radz place.

so come on,no la liga for radz![:o)]

Could you maybe remind us what the transfer fee for Radz was? I don't think it was that much, but even then since the market has fallen I wonder what Everton would part with him for.

In any case I agree that healthy he's a big asset to Everton, but Rooney is too; a lot of scoring options there.

I personally think he'd do fine in Spain, on a team with a more open style, like Betis or even Atletico Madrid. I am not sure Real Sociedad could afford him, think their salaries are modest and unless they do well in Champions won't have cash.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Marc

4.5m pounds I believe.

Thanks. Given the market I doubt they'd get any more than that for him, also depending his age at the time of a transfer. He won't get any faster from here on in either.

But I would like to see him here, it'd be entertaining and a small point of pride to see him do well.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Marc

4.5m pounds I believe.

Thanks. Given the market I doubt they'd get any more than that for him, also depending his age at the time of a transfer. He won't get any faster from here on in either.

But I would like to see him here, it'd be entertaining and a small point of pride to see him do well.

Archived