Canadians Abroad June 4th - June 10th

jordan

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians for June 4th - June 10th
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

I went to see Issey Nakajima-Farran play for Tàrrega this afternoon, about 100km outside of Barcelona. Little town, they are in 5th tier. Maybe 300 spectators, 27 degrees and dry.

It is below his level of quality, but he's on a poor team that have only won 3 of 17. He plays up high, but probably would be more useful behind another striker as there is no quality in the middle to get the ball to him. He's one of the 3-4 better players. They lost 1-3, and Issey scored when it was 0-2 after a good play on the wing where he got to the low cross before the keeper. Then they pushed, he had a few shots wide and a few on net and the team played well for a good spell until the rival got their third.

I'd say this is at least a level low for him, it is below CPL for sure. Next year they are restructuring the Spanish lower divisions and this team will be 6th tier. Third and fourth tier will be better quality, with fewer teams, so making a side in at least 4th tier, say, will be tougher. And if you can't you are playing amateur, not pro.

Nice to see the local kids from the club, the 8-12 year olds, surround him after the match and goof with him, he seems to have a good rapport. Also with teammates. I think I saw his father but with masks it is hard to be friendly

Issey.jpg

Tarrega.jpg

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• jordan unpinned this topic