Canadian Arena Soccer Association

Old Style Pilsner1555362318

Just curious if anyone has heard anything about the newly minted Canadian Arena Soccer Association (website: http://www.casasoccer.ca/), I know Mississauga is getting a MASL club beginning in 2018, and the CASA are scheduling a National Team friendly v Mexico on October 1 at Hershey Centre.

Have they reached out to The Voyageurs at all? (This is probably a question best asked to @admin)

Fantastic to see this start up!

I see that tickets for the Canada-Mexico game start at $20.  I have not lived in Canada for a long time, so I might be out of touch with prices, but $20....?  Seems like a little much for a sport many people might not be familiar with.

@Toje: Good question. $20 doesn't seem over the top to me, but that said I'm not sure what MASL clubs sell individual tickets for; suppose we'll find that out when the Mississauga club begins play next year.

@Jith12: There are differences, here's some off the top of my head. Arena Soccer is played on what's best described as an astro pitch in an arena, where the boards are in play. It's the classic type of North American indoor soccer. Games are 4 15min quarters as opposed to 2 20min halves, and teams play 6v6 (5 and a keeper) as opposed to 5v5 (4 and a keeper) due to the larger pitch sizes. The ball is a standard size 5 as opposed to the futsal size, and unlike futsal, teams aren't penalized with a penalty kick after conceding a certain number of fouls. That said the Canadian Futsal NT does feature several players who play Arena Soccer, keeper Josh Lemos and outfield players Vahid Assadpour, Ian Bennett, and Frederico Mooijen.

• 3 weeks later...

correct

but its better watching live,tickets starting at $20 

below is example of a arena game from the MASL from the 2016 season

wave features many canadian Josh Lemos,Daniel Chamle,Ian Bennet who on sunday will be playing and representing there Team Canada at the Hershey Centre-kick-off 4:00 pm

for tickets email info@casasoccer.ca

On 9/3/2017 at 10:18 PM, Old Style Pilsner1555362318 said:

Just curious if anyone has heard anything about the newly minted Canadian Arena Soccer Association (website: http://www.casasoccer.ca/), I know Mississauga is getting a MASL club beginning in 2018, and the CASA are scheduling a National Team friendly v Mexico on October 1 at Hershey Centre.

Have they reached out to The Voyageurs at all? (This is probably a question best asked to @admin)

Just wanted to correct you that Mississauga isn't getting a team. Toronto is getting a team that will play in Mississauga but doesn't want to brand itself as Mississauga.

So is this Mexican team really from Mexico or are these guys local Mexican players being passed on as players from the Mexico indoor national team? Where are they getting the money to fly these guys in and feed them and put them up in a hotel?

A friend went to the game. He didn't know the final score, but said that Mexico was a class above the Canadian side. Among others former TFC players he recognized were David Guzman and Adrian Cann. Said it was a decent crowd and very loud.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to inform everyone that visits this forum/topic

That on October 24th 2017 at 10;00 am Real Sports Apparel downtown Toronto...CASA & MASL will be announcing/unveliling the Toronto/Mississauaga francshie that will kick off in the MASL in 2018 which will play there home games out of hershey centre-Mississauga

On October 3, 2017 at 4:50 PM, to70 said:

A friend went to the game. He didn't know the final score, but said that Mexico was a class above the Canadian side. Among others former TFC players he recognized were David Guzman and Adrian Cann. Said it was a decent crowd and very loud.

Canada 2-4 Mexico

Class above?

Team Canada was formed in a month....Mexico team all play together in mexico in the MASL

they also just lost in the finals of the Mini World Cup in Tunisa going undefated leading unto the Finals of the tournament 

CASA is also planning on creating a semi-Pro Arena Soccer league (APL)that would start in the new year (January)208 those leagues games will also be played out of the Hershey Centre in Mississauga 

• 4 months later...

Just heard about this game tomorrow night at the Hershey

http://www.casasoccer.ca/

March 15th 2018, Hershey Centre. The Legend Returns

Canadian Soccer Legend Dwayne De Rosario returns to the field to take on the National Arena Team of Brazil as part of the Canadian National Arena Team as they suit up for more fast action and furious excitement in an Arena Friendly between National Teams.

The Hershey Centre should be bursting at the seams as De Ro’s return is expected to draw over 5000 people.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived