NY Cosmos vs La Liga's SD Eibar in Las Vegas May 25

Newest version of New York Cosmos to meet SD Eibar at Sam Boyd Stadium

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/soccer/newest-version-new-york-cosmos-meet-sd-eibar-sam-boyd-stadium

It’s official. A team from the North American Soccer League is coming to Las Vegas. But, for now, it’s only for an exhibition match.

The storied New York Cosmos of the NASL will play an international friendly against SD Eibar of Spain’s La Liga at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Sam Boyd Stadium.

The match is part of La Liga’s LFP World Challenge, which aims to increase interest in the renowned Spanish soccer league.

Livestream :

I watched the start of Dynamo killing Real Sociedad last night too. The Liga sets up these tournaments, supposedly to build brand identity, then the clubs drag their butts and play subs, not surprising after a long season. But still, I think La Liga is basically dumb and badly run, you have this great quality of play and they market it terribly with this useless LFP world challenge. 

As a club you are way better off just doing the tours on your own, your way, in your terms, than putting up with the guys running things in Madrid.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I watched the start of Dynamo killing Real Sociedad last night too. The Liga sets up these tournaments, supposedly to build brand identity, then the clubs drag their butts and play subs, not surprising after a long season. But still, I think La Liga is basically dumb and badly run, you have this great quality of play and they market it terribly with this useless LFP world challenge. 

As a club you are way better off just doing the tours on your own, your way, in your terms, than putting up with the guys running things in Madrid.

They did one thing right recently in unifying the teams to sign a massive league wide TV contract. Granted, Real Madrid and Barcelona are still getting the vast majority of it but it's a start I guess.

3 hours ago, Macksam said:

They did one thing right recently in unifying the teams to sign a massive league wide TV contract. Granted, Real Madrid and Barcelona are still getting the vast majority of it but it's a start I guess.

It is actually going to make a huge difference. A team like Sporting Gijon, who has not signed in 2 years for legal restrictions because of debt, is going to double what they get.

What we really need is for the relegated teams to have a similar deal to in England where they continue to receive part of their top flight tv deal. That was a very smart rule.

Archived