Europa League Final

Ruffian

Good of you, I was going to start a thread since I watched the whole thing. 

Liverpool had the edge even before the goal, not a lot but enough, and after even more. It looked like one of thosee matches where an English team runs another, maybe a good one, off the ball on sheer pace, agressive tackling. And that with Coutinho doing little and Firminio as well, they did not have to. Sevilla looked bad, got stripped too easily, had no response; it was a messy and tense half, and the ref was just holding on at times too. You had to wonder what Emery would say at the half.

Then they come out and score a perfect goal in half a minute, and the whole thing changes. I think that was luck, not the quality but the timing, the entire 2nd half was theirs. They dominated the play, were more comfortable in possession, played with experience and had the ball. Liverpool seemed to have tired, but I think it was mental (and Klopp let them down too). Sevilla also got some luck on a rebound for the second before the third, a real nice and the kind of goal English teams score for the speed of passing and laying off, reminded me of a Leicester-type goal. 

Sevilla fans had a quarter of the stadium and drowned out the Liverpool supporters 2nd half, did not see the support I thought from those Reds fans. Have to say, Sevilla has some really beautiful chants, a lot are flamenco songs, and the hymn is very inspiring

I think it is too bad Europa League has really dropped in prestige, cause when teams take it seriously it is a nice competition. Sevilla goes to Champions for that too, 5 Spanish teams next year, like this last as well.

Just had to add...after the game, reading English papers online and comments, always interesting, some mentioned that Hargreaves was a TV commentator. Would that be "our" Owen? Is that what they let him do now?

Most said he was pathetically biased and had total disrespect for Sevilla, was lording it after the Sturridge goal, as English footie fans many were embarrassed. Mind you that could be just English club rivalries. 

OH does commentary for BT Sport in England but I am not sure if he was involved in this match. When I turned it on, it was Steve Macmanaman and Michael Owen who were both completely biased towards Liverpool. It was really bad. 

I have to admit, my attentions that night were focused more on the League 2 (best 4th division in the world) play offs. 

Archived