Marc Dos Santos going to MLS

Trillium

Yallop was in a situation at San Jose where his personal matched the style he wanted to play - he was fortunate in that way. At Chicago, he wanted to implement the same style without the proper players. He failed to create an approach that fit the team he innherated. So in my opinion, he failed because he is tactically inflexible (like Aaron Winter).

The Fire don't have a bad team so I don't know why one would suggest they are "in over their heads". Accam, Gilberto, Igboananike and Magee (when healthy) are all very nice attacking pieces and Harry Schipp can occassionally cause problems. Sean Johnson is a USMNT keeper. The defense can improve but overrall they are not far away.

And in reality, they are not far away either. With 6 games or so left to play, they still have 27 points and afterall, this is the parity-driven circus that is MLS - so the margins between success and failure are paper thin to begin with.

In typical Canadian soccer fashion, actual recent results with the U-20 team don't affect people's job prospects (see also: Dale Mitchell, 2007)

I would argue they will be two seperate cases. One young and hungry for success, one never should have gotten the job.

Archived