Simao sabrosa in Vancouver

snake

Simao was a small striker with pace, was tricky, shot well. I saw him when he first went to Barça very young, was a wing back then. He has never been a real workhorse. Would be similar but worse than Camilo as far as I can see, though one is one the downslope and the other up and coming. For me, no point, as he would be another European not understanding what was involved in playing in MLS.

Simao has been dropped back into the midfield, he scored a few days ago in the Cup win vs. Jaen. Only goal this year with Espanyol.

His contract ends next June.

For similar, on form, still dangerous and with hot pace, a bit younger, and similar cost, offer the same to Coro, Ferran Corominas, now at Elche in First Division: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferran_Corominas

I would kick tires on Roman Shirokov. He is 32 at the moment, and he still has quality years in him. His contract is up in the summer and he has been a consistent goal threat for Zenit over the years.

Only, he's more of a deep-lying mid, but he loves to get into the box. I could see him taking on a more attacking role in the MLS.

Plus he would make for good media scrum quotes. The guy has said some ridiculous things over the years about opponents.

Though I would be happy with both Simao, or Coro.

Archived