Ottawa Fury 2014 Season Ticket Pricing

Guest ClaytonA

Guest ClaytonA

Suites: http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/index.php?id=840

Seats: http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/index.php?id=845

They are starting with sales for the lower seats and only one side of the stadium by the looks of it. I'd opt for the grey zone - you can probably have an afternoon/evening out for ~$40 ($23/ticket) total. I think the supporters section seating are too far away from the pitch and one would be allowed to wander over to have a drink.

This has been an immediate issue. The supporters section is pretty far away from the pitch.

Everything looks far away from the pitch. I'll be honest I don't see that stadium been appropriate for an NASL team. Like the Commonwealth, its going to look cavernous with the size of crowd you get.

Be nice if the Super-Furrys prove me wrong though.

Apparently there was no consultation with the 3 supporters groups before deciding where their section would be. Poor planning on part of the Fury. Luckily they have lots of time to amend the situation.

My main concern is the ability for people to join the supporters easily. My other question is what's the plan for Carleton?

It appears to me that Ottawa's ticket prices are substantially less than Edmonton's. I realize they have a much bigger venue, but it's not like Edmonton sold out every game at Clarke. I don't see the ticket prices on FCE's website right now so I can't make a comparison. Does anyone remember their prices this year?

Jason

Edmonton's prices have consistently been steep by NASL standards, I suspect because their stadium situation means they want to wring every dime out of every seat.

Last year I paid $300/ season ticket for prime seats, plus received decent swag, plus free food and drinks at a supporters appreciation function. I think the pricing is reasonable.

Last year I paid $300/ season ticket for prime seats, plus received decent swag, plus free food and drinks at a supporters appreciation function. I think the pricing is reasonable.

I'm not saying it's a rip-off, just that the prices are high by the standards of the NASL. It's a quality organization, FC Edmonton.

Everything looks far away from the pitch. I'll be honest I don't see that stadium been appropriate for an NASL team. Like the Commonwealth, its going to look cavernous with the size of crowd you get.

Be nice if the Super-Furrys prove me wrong though.

CFL field length is 110 yards.

FIFA maximum Field length 130 yards

CFL end zone length 40 yards

So pitch total is 110 plus 40 yards or 150 yards.

Setting up the soccer pitch in an offset position, i.e. do not have mid line be same as mid line for CFL football you can have a 130 yards long pitch the comes very close to the west end of the stadia, ( the Bank Street Side ) to let your supporters group seating as outlined in the artist conception, but more interesting is to forget about the three end zone seating areas for soccer ( those in black and red/black).

Put the Supporters in Grey section ( south west in stadia ) appearing top right in the image on your screen.

The other option is ... bring in temp section behind west end of stadia, out of aluminum with four terraced sections no seats, to hold up to four hundred standing fans, as visualized now the red/black supporters section is to far from pitch and will not contribute to fan atmosphere in the stadium.

They have gotten it wrong at this point, hopefully they will adjust.

The hard core of soccer fans in Ottawa who want to make statement have five games at Carleton to pack the supporters section and overflow to other sections and make the atmosphere loud and organized.

Guest ClaytonA

Setting up the soccer pitch in an offset position, i.e. do not have mid line be same as mid line for CFL football you can have a 130 yards long pitch the comes very close to the west end of the stadia, ( the Bank Street Side ) to let your supporters group seating as outlined in the artist conception, but more interesting is to forget about the three end zone seating areas for soccer ( those in black and red/black).

The other option is ... bring in temp section behind west end of stadia, out of aluminum with four terraced sections no seats, to hold up to four hundred standing fans, as visualized now the red/black supporters section is to far from pitch and will not contribute to fan atmosphere in the stadium.

Great idea, make the field as large as possible given FIFA regs (probably a home field advantage their too) and offset it so it's closer to one end and one sideline.

Especially like the idea of "endzone" aluminum bleachers for the supporters, they'll be standing anyway-just make it feel like they are right on top of that opposition goal keeper.

Put the Supporters in Grey section ( south west in stadia ) appearing top right in the image on your screen.

They have gotten it wrong at this point, hopefully they will adjust.

The hard core of soccer fans in Ottawa who want to make statement have five games at Carleton to pack the supporters section and overflow to other sections and make the atmosphere loud and organized.

I get what you are saying, but it seems unlikely to me in a park that holds over 20,000 (and has an entire side blocked off) would consider bringing in additional temp seating, no matter how good the reason may be.

Hopefully they can get a quick start in the spring in the small stadium which will help carry momentum into the new park later in the summer.

Jason

Archived