Grand theft cascadia

alberta white

First off he's an A-Hole, but a "smart" one he is thinking $$$

Second it will be Very interesting to see how things turn out since it could set a precedent.

Now what about the Juan de Fuca Plate?

Should us fans get worried about that too? What if suddenly USL decides ok hand it over we can have Joe's Gas Station Juan de Fuca Plate as a sponsore for 1000$ a season.....

Joke aside it could be a tipping point, ALL supporters group need to watch it closely. Not sure what kind of "legal" things would need to be done in order to protect supporters groups of any Future Grabs like the one we see today. Do you "register" the trophey somehow?

Now what about the V-Cup? What's it's status? CSA own it and sees fit to find sponsors?

I'm thinking Don & MLS should protect their own manufactured rivaly cups and go to hell if they think they have any claim to the Cascadia Cup or any other cup that was in circulation before the teams were even in MLS.

As to the V's Cup it is actually the <Insert Sponsor Here> Canadian Championship where teams vie for the Voyageur's Cup. Plus the CSA did the smart thing (yes I actually am saying those words) and got agreement from the supporters before they did anything. So a bit different on that one.

What I wonder about is, with the facts of the history of the Cascadia Cup been so clear and present, why would an Organisation so outwardly professional as the MLS even consider that they could TM this?

Do the MLS have another take on the history of this, that flies in the face of the cold hard facts. Why would they run the risk of upsetting what amounts to arguably the leagues most concentrated following?

What I wonder about is, with the facts of the history of the Cascadia Cup been so clear and present, why would an Organisation so outwardly professional as the MLS even consider that they could TM this?

Do the MLS have another take on the history of this, that flies in the face of the cold hard facts. Why would they run the risk of upsetting what amounts to arguably the leagues most concentrated following?

because the league is a control freak worried about brand imaging.

Archived